Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 01:48 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,095 times

Advertisements

Here is the definition:

n. a party, cause, movement, etc., that by its mass appeal or strength readily attracts many followers

Yesterday was definitely a party for me and I'll gladly ride this bandwagon (at least until the season starts again and the Panthers get a new start)! Anyone want to jump on with me?? Go Giants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 02:06 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,797 times
Naw...I'm just glad they beat the Pats... Otherwise I could care less.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:36 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times
I don't know about the whole Giants Bandwagon thing. What I do know is this: ANYBODY BUT THE PATRIOTS!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 02:37 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,650,253 times
I'm a Jets fan so ordinarily I wouldn't cheer for the Giants but I have never been so pleased at seeing a rival win as I was yesterday!

Old 02-04-2008, 02:57 PM

582 posts, read 2,039,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I don't know about the whole Giants Bandwagon thing. What I do know is this: ANYBODY BUT THE PATRIOTS!!!
i'm with you anybody but the patsies.i'm not a giant fan i just wanted the gmen to take the arrogance out of them.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:40 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,509 times
Why are NFL fans such bandwagon jumpers??? I'm not saying all NFL fans are, but damn...don't you people realize that you are cementing the NFL/ American sports fan stereotype???

Old 02-04-2008, 04:45 PM

84 posts, read 355,384 times
I don't know about riding this Giant bandwagon since I'm a Colts fan and will always be as long as Sanders and Peyton stay with the team. But one thing is for sure, I will celebrate this victory with all the Giant fans This game was historical. I can't say it enough how happy I am to see this punk arrogant a s s team lost! ARRGGHH!!! Oh, how much I can't stand them!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 05:05 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanniJay View Post
I don't know about riding this Giant bandwagon since I'm a Colts fan and will always be as long as Sanders and Peyton stay with the team. But one thing is for sure, I will celebrate this victory with all the Giant fans This game was historical. I can't say it enough how happy I am to see this punk arrogant a s s team lost! ARRGGHH!!! Oh, how much I can't stand them!!!
So if St. Peyton and Sanders leave, you'll cease to be a member of the Blue Crew??? That's the ultimate in bandwagon behavior! Boooooo!!!!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:30 PM

84 posts, read 355,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
So if St. Peyton and Sanders leave, you'll cease to be a member of the Blue Crew??? That's the ultimate in bandwagon behavior! Boooooo!!!!
Well, initially, I was not even a football fan. I was more into basketball, but after Jordan retired from the BULLS (and pretty much the whole team did). Basketball became too 'thuggish' for me and lost interest.

After awhile I didn't watch any sports until one day I saw a COLTS game in 2001. It was because of him, I started to take interest in football and didn't want to miss a COLTS game since. Then I came to 'love' the COLTS as a team with this team squad. If you want to categorized me as a bandwagon jumper, feel free because to me, Manning, Tony Dungy, Sanders, Freeney, Clark, Harrison, Wayne etc. are what that made the COLTS as a team that I love today. If the majority of these team members leaves, they are just not the COLTS that I came to love.

Just like I love the BULLS squad of the 90's. It was not because of Jordan's greatness that I became a fan, but it was fun to watch Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc, Steve Kerr, Rodman etc. playing together as a team. That was what won me as a fan.

Besides both of the 2 teams, I have never had the urge to 'represent' any other sport teams. Granted I might like Lebron, but it doesn't mean I like the Cavs or Eli was excellent this past Sunday doesn't mean I would start following the Giants.

Whether winning or losing, happiness or disappointment, I have stuck with the COLTS 6 years before the victory in 2007 Super Bowl, one year of 99% of starters being absent, and on top of that the humiliating defeat against the Chargers. Despite it all, come next season, I will still be representing the horse shoe. If that doesn't qualify me as a fan, but a bandwagon jumper because I was not born and raised in IN and was a true fan by default, oh well, so be it!

Last edited by KanniJay; 02-04-2008 at 09:43 PM..

Old 02-04-2008, 09:54 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,999 times
Yep no offense Kanni, but that sounds like a jumper to me. I know a ton of people that once Jordan left, no one watched the Bulls anymore. Or if their team is losing, than screw the team I am not watching them, but as soon as they start winning, they have loved that team forever. (White Sox fans) And all you Colts fans remember, it was a Manning that beat the Patriots, but it wasn't Peyton. He was sitting up in a box watching the Super Bowl. So I wouldn't be cheering to loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football