Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 03:44 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Do you consider NFL Pregame shows a thing of the past on Sunday Mornings in 2016?
I can be swayed to say Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 06:09 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
I don't watch pre-game shows for the same reasons I don't watch the news.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:20 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
I always watch the FOX NFL show My favorite segment is RIGGLES PICKS
The Fox show seems to be insightful but more light hearted than the other one

I usually turn it on, get the lunch ready and then we eat our football spread while finishing up the pregame show. That way the meal is over when the game starts and the wife can go find something else to do for a few hours while I watch TV and usually fall asleep on the couch when the Dolphins get the ball

For football spread, we put together anything from finger foods Such as chicken wings, potato skins spinach dip all the way to grilled chicken, burgers, ribs We try to mic it up
We serve it on NFL themed paper plates, or we also have a number of plastic items, everything from small football shaped bowls to large football shaped serving containers.
We have a number of reusable team tumblers and cups, mainly Dolphins Cardinals and Saints

Opening day though we will go to the sports bar, and any day we do not want to cook we will eat there as well.

Having the pregame show on sets the mood for the games as we eat.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:23 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,394,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I always watch the FOX NFL show My favorite segment is RIGGLES PICKS
The Fox show seems to be insightful but more light hearted than the other one
I like The NFL Today on CBS. They are pretty good.

I know I like the picks on Fox NFL Sunday, but I prefer Frank Caliendo over Rob Riggle. Caliendo is more funny than Riggle is.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:41 PM

1,193 posts, read 1,026,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post

I know I like the picks on Fox NFL Sunday, but I prefer Frank Caliendo over Rob Riggle. Caliendo is more funny than Riggle is.
Atleast those shows are only 60 mins, ESPN and NFL Network pregame shows are 3 hours

Old 09-04-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
At least those shows are only 60 mins, ESPN and NFL Network pregame shows are 3 hours
Football Night in America is probably 1 hour and 30 minutes.

(edit)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-05-2016 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: last sentence deleted as off topic.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:35 AM

380 posts, read 431,059 times
I'll still watch the pregame show 1 or 2 weeks of the 17, but no more than that. I don't think I have the strong feelings against that other posters in this thread have displayed, but the pregame shows don't do anything for me.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:04 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post

I will have to check that segment out.
Our members here make more accurate picks most of the time.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-05-2016 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: one sentence delete as off topic

Old 09-06-2016, 09:35 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
The one I watch is on the Showtime Channel--Inside The NFL. For three decades it was on HBO, it switched over to Showtime several years ago. This years lineup is Boomer Esiason, Phil Sims, James Brown, and Brandon Marshall. They take the hot button issues to a level that the alphabet network pregame shows don't. And the guy who is a welcome addition to the group is Brandon Marshall, his input is noteworthy regarding what goes on the field and in the locker room TODAY--not when Boomer or Phil played.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I will have to check that segment out.
Our members here make more accurate picks most of the time.
NFL Today members do picks very similarly. Also they did dumped Marino and Shannon Sharpe, I don't know why they dropped Marino from the show which I thought he was pretty good, after 2013. They shouldn't have dropped Marino but I can understand why they might drop Shannon Sharpe just like when Fox let Tony Siragusa go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football