Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 01:43 PM

26 posts, read 47,569 times

Advertisements

Describe these teams. Does it just depend on which team is playing at home wins, or no?

They seem very similar to me especially by how the teams are built. What do you think? I think they both have explosive offenses, with the Packers having a little more magic/clutch to theirs. They both have the same type of defense, with the Packers' being significantly better in crunch time, and when it matters the most.

What are your thoughts?

Also, I've asked many city-related questions on this forum, and I usually post them as a thread like this. If I did something wrong, just tell me and I'll try to change it or a mod could do so, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 07:56 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,829 times
Definitely the Packers. They seem to always pull one off at the end. Aaron Rodgers is not too shabby!

Old 07-31-2017, 08:06 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,393,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
Definitely the Packers. They seem to always pull one off at the end. Aaron Rodgers is not too shabby!
No he isn't. He's one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:41 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
The Steelers were the BEST team in the NFL last year. Their only problem is they play a zone defense and that prevents them from getting past the Patriots who know how to pick it apart.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:55 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeslovak View Post
Describe these teams. Does it just depend on which team is playing at home wins, or no?

They seem very similar to me especially by how the teams are built. What do you think? I think they both have explosive offenses, with the Packers having a little more magic/clutch to theirs. They both have the same type of defense, with the Packers' being significantly better in crunch time, and when it matters the most.

What are your thoughts?

Also, I've asked many city-related questions on this forum, and I usually post them as a thread like this. If I did something wrong, just tell me and I'll try to change it or a mod could do so, thanks.
19 total posts? many?

There is very little difference in the top teams in the NFL ... both the franchises were top in their respective conferences. "On any given Sunday" thingy.

ARog > Roethlisberger. Pittsburg O skill players > GB's . I think there is an offset by these 2 sets which is pretty well shown statistically by their final 2016 rankings , Pitt = #7 and GB = #8.

Defensively though Pittsburg ranked #12 in team D while GB was #22. This is a significant difference and gives Pittsburg the edge.

Now, using hard statistical data is far from perfect but it's all we truly have to go on. Lots af people can find multiple arguments (injuries, teams played, the "it" factor, or whatever) to debunk my analysis and I say go for it.

My analysis shows Pittsburg winning in 2016 a head to head meeting. Home field = +3pts which can change the outcome. These teams were pretty close in strength overall.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:59 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The Steelers were the BEST team in the NFL last year. Their only problem is they play a zone defense and that prevents them from getting past the Patriots who know how to pick it apart.

Couldn't hold a lead on a flawed Dallas team, AT HOME at Ketchup Field, and zone defense had nothing to do with it.

Terrible Towels indeed!

Old 08-07-2017, 11:08 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,960 times
Funny thing.

I had the Steelers in the AFC Championship last year, but they were matched up against (who else?) New England.

I had Green Bay in the NFC Championship, and they played a very spirited Falcons team.

Superbowl might've been different otherwise.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:01 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Therefore they WERE NOT the best team in the NFL last year...

Not only were they NOT the best team in the NFL last year they weren't even the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best team in the NFL last year...

Old 08-07-2017, 07:37 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Quote:
The Steelers were the BEST team in the NFL last year.
Ummm, this thread was rolling on when all of a sudden----

SCREECH!!

I believe the Patriots beat the Steelers 27-16 earlier in the season.

And in the AFC Championship game, it was 36-17 Patriots.

The Lombardi trophy is sitting in Gillette Stadium.

They are the best team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football