Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 12:51 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times

Advertisements

I watch pro football but do not know all the plays, rules etc.

Tell me why Juju whatever-his-name is was not ejected from the game last night between Bengals and Steelers...? That was of the worst hits and taunting I've ever seen...very disheartening.

There were other hits that too were disgusting. Seems to help end these, they would be ejected immediately the first time...are the refs too scared of coachs and owners??

ps Glad Ryan of Steelers only had a spine contusion...could have been much worse...but the hit that injured him was not intentional like others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 01:08 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Great question with no good answer, you are correct, there should have been at least 2 ejections last night and one on Sunday. Officials failed in their duties in both cases...

Schuster should have been ejected for the Steelers

Iloka from Bengals also should have been ejected for flagrant helmet to helmet hit on Brown in endzone

Gronk should have been ejected for his hit on a defenseless player Sunday

All 3 have since received 1 game suspensions and clearly should have been ejected from their games.

One tidbit for the Pat's haters, Belichick immediately benched Gronk after his bone head play and went out of his way to apologize to McDermott at midfield after the game.

Steelers, Schuster never left the field Tomlinson left him in and then you had Antonio Brown gloating about a player being laid out while he had a team mate in the hospital....

Old 12-05-2017, 01:09 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
NFL is scared to kick players out of a game less they kick out one of the stars. They'd rather have the players hauled off on stretchers than kick one out of the game. (un)Funny thing is, it use to be a lot worse so at least they're calling penalties now.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:17 PM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
I'm older, watching football a long time and know they are trying to make the game safer. I have more of a problem with Gronk hitting someone already on the ground, and JuJu standing and taunting a downed player. The hits were bad, no doubt, but what is your mind set to stand over someone on the ground like he did?

Old 12-05-2017, 02:38 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Gronk's was bad too, but Juju was just so obnoxious and even cruel...he did look a bit sheepish later but too late for me.

Is there a rule if after so many illegal hits in same game someone is ejected???

Do players not think ejections should take place? Ben R, of whom I am not a fan, said it's just football....

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm older, watching football a long time and know they are trying to make the game safer. I have more of a problem with Gronk hitting someone already on the ground, and JuJu standing and taunting a downed player. The hits were bad, no doubt, but what is your mind set to stand over someone on the ground like he did?

Old 12-05-2017, 02:58 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
G
One tidbit for the Pat's haters, Belichick immediately benched Gronk after his bone head play and went out of his way to apologize to McDermott at midfield after the game.
If Belicheck benches Gronk for the first three quarters or even just the first half of the next Bills or Steelers game then a Gronk benching by BB would be noteworthy. I'd gain even more respect for him if that happens. Patriots had a twenty point lead and by the time the Pats got the ball back on offense there was 3:33 seconds left in the game. That's sending a stern message? I also don't know that BB went out of his way to apologize to McDermott. My understanding is that when McDermott asked him about the hit during the midfield handshake he simply said that is was BS by Gronk. Was there another exchange I am missing?

Old 12-05-2017, 02:59 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Gronk's was bad too, but Juju was just so obnoxious and even cruel...he did look a bit sheepish later but too late for me.

Is there a rule if after so many illegal hits in same game someone is ejected???

Do players not think ejections should take place? Ben R, of whom I am not a fan, said it's just football....

[/b]

after the second unsportsmanlike conduct penalty you're definitely asked to go into the locker room and not come back for the rest of the game, definitely

Old 12-05-2017, 03:01 PM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
The way it looked to me (and I'm not a BB defender), he went out of his way to seek out the coach, apologized for it, and said it was BS, you didn't have to be a good lip reader to get that part!

Old 12-05-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
(un)Funny thing is, it use to be a lot worse so at least they're calling penalties now.
Come on now Ghengis, #85 just didn't have his chinstrap buckled on tight enough.

Old 12-05-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
The way it looked to me (and I'm not a BB defender), he went out of his way to seek out the coach, apologized for it, and said it was BS, you didn't have to be a good lip reader to get that part!
Was this at midfield or in the locker room? Coaches seeking out the other at midfield occurs after every game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football