Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 09:30 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times

Advertisements

Brady vs a backup QB?........Patriots 34 Eagles 23.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 10:01 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Patriots - 27
Eagles - 13

Let's get corny for a moment. Brady breaks the Madden Curse with his MVP, at 40 y.o. which is astounding. A win would be a 2nd 3 out of 4 in the same career, and the team would tie the Steelers for most Lombardi's with Brady the QB in all of them. Destiny.

But seriously folks, I've seen the Pats against the young speedy Falcons last year and the Jags in the AFC Championship. The Pats are coached to wear the other team out, slow and methodically. Never a blowout in any of their Super Bowls. Tom I think is calm, yet knows all of the accolades that could fall if they win. I feel (maybe false hope) a calm going into this game.

Old 02-03-2018, 10:51 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Pats 28
Eagles 27

I was predicting an Eagles SB win months ago; then Wentz went down and I didn't think they had a prayer. I now think they have a pretty good chance, but I've gotta think the Pats will pull it out. It's what they do.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:21 PM

587 posts, read 225,345 times
I dont have any interest but I say PATRIOTS by a mile....

Old 02-04-2018, 05:08 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Tough one to call. How can you bet against Brady & Belichick -- yet the Eagles look like the stronger team this season. I'll say Patriots 27 - 24

Old 02-04-2018, 05:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
don't really like either team and I am not predicting the outcome of this one. I am tired of the Pats and I don't like the attitude of most of the Eagle's fans, they can be so rude. We will watch it, but not with the same zest we have in years past.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:43 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
don't really like either team and I am not predicting the outcome of this one. I am tired of the Pats and I don't like the attitude of most of the Eagle's fans, they can be so rude. We will watch it, but not with the same zest we have in years past.

Exactly how the cat feels .

You took the words right out of my mouth !!!!!!!!!!!

(Or the letters right off of my keypad ?)

Old 02-04-2018, 07:29 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Never really predict scores, but I'm seriously believing that it's time for a changing of the guard, so to speak. My prediction is that the Patriots Super Bowl times have come to an end. Eagles win tonight.

The Patriots have had their successes, and it's been a great thing for Boston & New England; however, even wonderfully good things eventually pass. Even the Beatles, who were glorious in their time; their time of glory passed. They eventually broke up and they "ended", but we'll always remember their music. And we'll always remember the Patriots and what they've accomplished. History will remember.

I understand how fans are, and Patriot fans would love for it all to continue. What fan wouldn't? But it can't, and it won't. Things change, and this particular moment definitely feels like the time for change. If not now, fine... but it will happen. It always does.

It's definitely time for a new champion to rise up! I say it's time for the Philadelphia Eagles to rise up and shine! Fly, Eagles, Fly!

Old 02-04-2018, 08:02 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Never really predict scores, but I'm seriously believing that it's time for a changing of the guard, so to speak. My prediction is that the Patriots Super Bowl times have come to an end. Eagles win tonight.

The Patriots have had their successes, and it's been a great thing for Boston & New England; however, even wonderfully good things eventually pass. Even the Beatles, who were glorious in their time; their time of glory passed. They eventually broke up and they "ended", but we'll always remember their music. And we'll always remember the Patriots and what they've accomplished. History will remember.

I understand how fans are, and Patriot fans would love for it all to continue. What fan wouldn't? But it can't, and it won't. Things change, and this particular moment definitely feels like the time for change. If not now, fine... but it will happen. It always does.

It's definitely time for a new champion to rise up! I say it's time for the Philadelphia Eagles to rise up and shine! Fly, Eagles, Fly!
As a Pats fan for me it's not about continuing. It's more of the "going out on top" mentality. To cap off a 2nd 3 out of 4, to break all sorts of curses with a win, that's why I'd love a win. We almost knocked the Dolphins off the undefeated pedestal but came up a helmet short. This year I want the reigning NFL MVP and passing leader to break the curse of winning the Super Bowl, for Brady and the Pats to tie the Steelers franchise with most SB titles. If my team is about to hit a lull, I would like to see them go out with historic milestones.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:10 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Patriots 28 Eagles 24

or

Eagles 20 Patriots 16

4 point difference either way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football