Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 07:37 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times

Advertisements

Calico, Lions, you picked the Lions??? Go Pack Go! I know the Packers have issues, but seriously, Lions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 10:26 AM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
I could be a serious glutton for punishment with some of these picks, but here goes......

Colts @ Patriots (This may be the only sure thing of the football week)

Titans @ Bills
Giants @ Panthers
Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Browns
Packers @ Lions
Jaguars @ Chiefs
Broncos @ Jets
Falcons @ Steelers
Raiders @ Chargers
Vikings @ Eagles
Cardinals @ Niners
Rams @ Seahawks
Cowboys @ Texans

Redskins @ Saints

Last Week: 12-3
Season: 36-25

Old 10-04-2018, 02:25 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
NFL 2018 WEEK 5 PICKS: (Byes: Chicago, Tampa Bay)
Man alive – it’s week five! Another tough Pick ‘em? Let’s find out…

Thursday, October 4
Indy @ New England – Short and sweet: Pats win!

Sunday, October 7 (Early games)
Tennessee @ Buffalo – Mariota outleaps Allen
Miami @ Cincy – Red Rifle shoots fish in his barrel
Baltimore @ Cleveland – AFC North battle goes to the Ravens
Green Bay @ Detroit – Pack outlasts Lions in NFC North skirmish
Jax Jags @ KC – Mahomes at home with his homies
Denver @ NY Jets – Broncos bounce back after a Mile High let-down
Atlanta @ Pittsburgh – Battle of the roller coaster up’n downers
NY Giants @ Carolina – Cam in a smiley prance-fest over Eli
(Late Games)
Oakland @ LA Chargers – AFC West hissy fit in LA LA Land
Minnesota @ Philadelphia – Eagles defend turf from plundering pillagers
Arizona @ Santa Clara 49ers – Rookie Rosen back in Cali-forn-I-A, but…
LA Rams @ Seattle – Squawks get squashed
(Evening Game)
Dallas @ Houston – The eyes of Texas will be upon this in-state tussle

Monday, October 8
Washington @ Nawlins – Drew Brees grabs all-time passing yardage record!

Old 10-04-2018, 04:40 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
Last week: 12-3
Overall: 38-23-2*

Colts @ Patriots. Usually, these Thursday night games are usually close, but I don't think this one will be as we are back to a Thursday night snoozer.

Titans @ Bills. Titans coming off the nice win over the Eagles. Wouldn't be surprised if Bills won, but I think Titans win late
Giants @ Panthers. Panthers should win this game fairly comfortably.
Dolphins @ Bengals. I think the Dolphins team from last week is the Dolphins team we'll see for most of the rest of the season....an average team capable of stealing a win or 2, but generally not a good team. And I've been impressed with the Bengals so far, they'll get it done at home.
Ravens @ Browns. Let's see how Baker does against this Ravens defense who I believe is getting CB Jimmy Smith back from suspension for this game.
Packers @ Lions. A great NFC North battle, pretty much a coin flip, both have been inconsistent.
Jaguars @ Chiefs. Why isn't this game the Sunday Night game, or at worst the game of the week?? Probably the best defensive team Mahomes would have played, but home at Arrowhead, up against Blake Bortles, and the way Mahomes is going you can't pick against them, but if a team slows him down it is going to be that Jags D.
Broncos @ grounded Jets. Broncos should rebound even on the road against a Jets team who were who we thought they were!
Falcons @ Steelers. Steelers win the underachieving bowl at home, but both teams have been disappointing. If I wanted to pick a game to end in a tie this week, this would likely be it.
Raiders @ Chargers. Chargers win a virtual home "road" game as there will be 4 times as many Raiders fans in Carson as there will be Charger fans
Vikings @ Eagles. How impressed I was with the Bengals start to the season I am equally as disappointed with how the Vikings have started the year. Granted, there's still 12 weeks left, but we are basically 3 weeks to the halfway point, and with each loss the Vikes & Packers have, the larger the lead and the more confidence the Bears have, so to quote an MLB legend since I'm going to use an MLB analogy here in a second, the great Yogi Berra "it is getting late early" here for the Vikes. I always like to say in baseball games in April count just the same as games in September, and for football games in week 1 & 2 & 3 count just the same as games in week 15, 16, & 17.
Cardinals @ Niners. Though I may pick a winner in the Falcons/Steelers game and pick a tie in this dumpster fire vs. dumpster fire matchup.
Rams @ Seahawks. I'll bite and take the Seahawks at home. They sure as hell ain't finishing the year unbeaten, no matter how dominant they look on both offense & defense, and this looks like one of the few games where they can trip up, so why not??
Cowboys @ Texans. I'll take the Texans at home.

Redskins @ Saints. Redskins don't have enough big play potential to knock off the Saints. Alex Smith will get a lot of yards, but they won't be able to keep up with the Saints on the scoreboard.

Bye's: Da Bears, Winston's Bucs. For the second straight week, Da Bears will beat the Bucs, but unlike last week they'll smoke a Winston this time.

*Since the Raiders aren't going to count that loss to the Browns, I won't either. Last week I was 12-3 with the Raiders win, so that gets me to 38-23-2 instead of the 37-24-2 Calico had listed.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:20 PM

307 posts, read 118,667 times
I will take the Patriots.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:41 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,600,762 times
1-0 so far in week 5.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:31 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,930,743 times
1-0!!!!

Old 10-05-2018, 06:20 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Yep! 1-0 as well.

The Colts gave it a bloody go, but the Evil Empire begins anew their quest to rid the galaxy of the scum rebellion...

Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,390,563 times
Now the rest of my picks
Giants
Packers
Eagles
Falcons
Rams
Cardinals
Jaguars
Broncos
Bengals
Ravens
Chargers
Cowboys
Saints
Bills

Last edited by Jonathan Ashbeck; 10-05-2018 at 11:10 AM..

Old 10-05-2018, 10:42 AM

5,124 posts, read 6,123,485 times
Patriots: picked earlier. WON

Titans
Panthers.
Bengals.
Ravens
Packers
Chiefs
Broncos
Steelers.
Chargers.
Eagles.
Niners.
Rams
Texans.

Saints.

Good luck everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football