Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 06:28 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times

Advertisements

It will be interesting to see how this week turns out, so many of us making the same picks! Go Pack Go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 11:53 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Although I like Dallas and their defense this year I got to play the odds and take the Saints for Thursday.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:39 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Last week: 9-6
Overall: 116-58-2

New Orleans @ Dallas. Let's see who the Cowboys have played in their mini 3 game winning streak: Eagles: bad football team. Falcons: awful football team. The fighting Landover's: Average at best football team with a backup QB starting. This will definitely be a marquee win for Dallas if they can get it, problem is the Saints are one of the hottest teams in football. In normal years I might say "well, the Saints have a runaway lead in the division and in the conference heading into December" so they could half ass it for a half, knowing they have a couple games in hand on the NFC competition so if they lose 1 or 2 it's not the end of the world but they can't even do that with the Rams nipping at their heels with the same record, and I believe the 1 seed in the NFC is going to be the difference in if either the Rams or Saints make it to the Super Bowl.

I'll get the rest in sometime later; if I wake up in time I'll post the rest in the morning before I head into work, otherwise I'll post the rest on Thursday or Friday night, but wanted to get the Thursday night game in before.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:49 AM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
New Orleans

I will pick the rest later.

Good luck everyone

Old 11-29-2018, 05:35 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
NFL 2018 WEEK 13 PICKS: What? No Byes?
Lucky Week 13 is here, and YES -- we have NO byes -- all teams are back!

Thursday, November 29
Nawlins @ Dallas – Saints march Drew’s crusade into Jerry’s World

Sunday, December 2 (Early Games)
Voldemort @ Atlantis – They who shall not be named vs the s i n k i n g Falcons
Denver @ Cincy – Will Broncos win the 5-6 Bowl?
La Rams @ Detroit – Will Matthew and the Lions put up a fight?
Arizona @ Green BayGo, Pack, Go!
Buffalo @ Miami – AFC East: Fins are 4-1 at home; Bills 2-4 away
Chicago @ NY Giants – The Bears cometh for Eli!
Carolina @ Tampa Bay – NFC South: Slap Fest at the Sinking Ship
Indy @ Jax Jags – Colts gunning for their 6th W!
Cleveland @ Houston Deshaun and Texans… at home again!
(Later Games)
NY Jets @ Tennessee – Will there will be the occasional Sam Darnold sighting?
KC @ Oakland – Chucky sez: “TANK you very much!”
Minnesota @ New England – Brady Bunch getting into a rhythm?
Santa Clara @ Seattle – NFC West beatdown at Squawks
(Evening Game)
LA Chargers @ Pittsburgh – Will Rivers lose composure at Steelers?

Monday, December 3
Washington @ PhiladelphiaFly, Eagles, Fly!

Old 11-29-2018, 08:53 AM

808 posts, read 690,255 times
Saints tonight.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:09 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
New Orleans @ Dallas - New Orleans (I wouldn't even be surprised if Dallas wins this game.)

Baltimore @ Atlanta. - Baltimore
Cleveland @ Houston. - Houston (Don't sleep on Cleveland on this game. I'm picking Houston, because they're rolling; however, Cleveland looked competent and dominant Sunday.)
Denver @ Cincinnati. - Denver
LA Rams @ Detroit. - LA Rams
Colt's Cardinals @ Green Bay. - Green Bay
Bill's Buffaloes @ King Cat's Dolphins. - Dolphins
Chicago @ New York Football Giants. - Chicago
Carolina @ Tampa Bay. - Carolina
Indy @ Jacksonville. - Indy
NY Jets @ Tennessee. - Tennessee
Kansas City @ Oakland. - Kansas City
Minnesota @ New England. - Minnesota
San Francisco @ Seattle. - Seattle

Carson City Chargers @ Pittsburgh. - Pittsburgh

Washington @ Philadelphia. - Philly

Last edited by weezerfan84; 11-29-2018 at 09:58 AM..

Old 11-29-2018, 09:37 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
My picks for week 13:

Saints @ Cowboys: Saints. Personally, I am hoping the Giants turn it on while the other sin the NFC East engage in 3-way mediocrity and all 4 teams finish 8-8. Not sure if that's even possible at this point.

Ravens @ Falcons: Ravens. I hope I'm wrong. In a year where scoring is up by obscene levels this Ravens defense is not being given enough credit for being the #1 defense in scoring.

Broncos @ Bengals: Broncos. This team has been close all season long and it has the look of a team that is now starting to click. Their margin for error at this point is non-existent, so they don't have room for any letdowns.

Rams @ Lions: Rams. It's tempting to pick the Lions just because it's not hard to see the Rams having a late season hiccup. Still, I'll take the safe pick.

Cardinals @ Packers: Packers. I'm not sure if they'll run the table the way Rodgers said they could do, but they definitely should be able to get off to a good start with a win over the Cards.

Bills @ Dolphins: Dolphins. They bring it and keep themselves on the playoff bubble.

Bears @ Giants: Bears. Bears win it and drop the Giants to 3-9. In doing so they destroy my hopes of an NFC East division of sadness with all teams finishing 8-8.

Panthers @ Buccaneers: Panthers. The loss to the Seahawks has huge playoff implications for this Panthers team. With a stout schedule remaining they can't afford to slip up, this time to a division rival.

Colts @ Jaguars: Colts. Not only do the Colts have pretty solid chances of reaching the playoffs, they are still in the running to win the AFC South. I consider those long odds, but they keep those hopes alive this week against the Jags.

Browns @ Texans: Texans. This is probably the best team in the AFC that nobody is talking about. They are playing good defense, can be downright explosive on offense, and are riding a hot 8 game win streak.

Jets @ Titans: Titans. With as many teams in the AFC that will be 6-6 or 7-5 following week 13, the Titans don't have any room for a slipup at home against a lesser team.

Chiefs @ Raiders: Chiefs. Well...I guess there's that "any given Sunday" rule. I think we're more likely to see the NFL's first "mercy rule" than an upset of the Raiders over the Chiefs.

Vikings @ Patriots: Patriots. Still one of the undeniable favorites in the AFC the Patriots gut out a tough one against an NFC playoff contender. On that note, if the Vikings fail to reach the playoffs, how much of the blame will Cousins shoulder? Will it be fair? He did, after all, get a historic contract.

49ers @ Seahawks: Seahawks. Just when I figured they'd struggle to an 8-8/7-9 type season and put Carroll on the hotseat they start playing playoff style football and elbow their way into the "darkhorse contender" category.

Chargers @ Steelers: Steelers. They struggled in a win over the Jags two weeks ago and probably came out of the loss to the Broncos feeling they let one they should have won slip away. It doesn't get any easier for them going forward, and they know the time is now to correct course.

Redskins @ Eagles. Eagles. At least if I'm right about this and the TNF we'll have a 3-way tie at 6-6, making the race for this division title a fun one to watch down the final quarter of the season.

Good luck everyone and go Broncos!

Old 11-29-2018, 04:14 PM

2,040 posts, read 1,605,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
It will be interesting to see how this week turns out, so many of us making the same picks! Go Pack Go!
That will likely continue as the season winds down, and it is evident who the stronger teams are in the league. It’s still “Any given Sunday”, or Monday/Thursday/Saturday.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:01 PM

307 posts, read 118,845 times
Saints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football