Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 03:42 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times

Advertisements

I also wouldn’t say I am defending Hunt. Just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy. Hint should absolutely be suspended no question. But meanwhile a guy like Ruben Foster gets picked up off waivers for likely commiting just as violent an act as Hunt if not more violent now that we have actually scene the Hunt video. And a guy like Tyreek Hill who easily could have actually killed someone collects a paycheck every week. Somehow since Hill was 20 while Hunt was 23 it means he should be forgiven and given a second chance.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:13 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,485,114 times
It's about optics, nothing more. If there wasn't a video, there wouldn't be as much outcry because the offense wouldn't seem as 'real'.

Remember, this league caters to a fan-base that can't handle players who don't stand during a pre-game song, yet couldn't care less that Adrian Peterson beat a child bloody with a stick (no video? = no problem!).

Old 12-02-2018, 04:51 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
There's reports now that Hunt may have punched a man in June.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...a-man-in-june/

Old 12-02-2018, 05:13 PM

36 posts, read 23,619 times
Redskins are probably mulling this over. Can't look much worse after the Foster debacle. Difference between Hunt and Rice is Hunt is a star and only in his 2nd season. They should have lifetime bans for this kind of behaviour.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:01 PM

1,203 posts, read 836,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

So I just finally watched the video of the Hunt assault. I got to say, that was pretty freaking tame.
I agree Bill. OP, if you think this is even remotely close to what Ray Rice did, I think it's time for you to go to the optometrist. Was it wrong? Of course and he'll pay a hefty price for it. But putting your entire body into a punch and knocking a woman unconscious is a bit different that kicking a woman in the the leg and her getting up with basically no physical damage whatsoever. Let's not be ridiculous here.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:05 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I think you have Hunt mixed up with Hill. The quote and link was detailing the assault that Tyreek Hill committed as a 20 year old at OSU.

So I just finally watched the video of the Hunt assault. I got to say, that was pretty freaking tame. He pushes her, and not with full force at all. He technically does kick her when she was down but it was with the force of a a six year old child. And to the thigh or but cheek area. Hardly a kick at all. I can see why the police and DA never filed charges. Combine it with the fact that the woman by all reports was being belligerent and calling Hunt the N-word this doesn't qualify as an assault in my book. Anyone else agree with me? I think the Chiefs made a big mistake in releasing Hunt over this, not exactly sure what you would call it, while still having Tyreek Hill on the payroll.

The crime that Hill committed at OSU was 100 times worse than what Hunt did if Hunt's act even qualifies as a crime.

Now, Hunt should have been smarter than this no doubt and just let security take care of the belligerent woman. I would suspend Hunt for conduct detrimental to the league but nothing more.
So you're NOT defending Hunt???

Let's review the above....

1. "I just watched the video of the Hunt assault....got to say that was pretty freaking tame"

2. "He pushes but not with full force at all"

3. "Hardly a kick at all"

4. ".....if Hunt's act even qualifies as a crime"

Please point out to us which of the above is NOT a defense of Hunt????

As if somehow by some vague scale of "force quantification" you have made up makes the acts Hunt committed
"OK" in your book...

Clearly you ARE defending an assault on a woman.....and make no mistake, this was an assault, it was a "crime" and it was clearly more than "conduct detrimental to the league"

Gimme a break....

Old 12-02-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
So you're NOT defending Hunt???

Let's review the above....

1. "I just watched the video of the Hunt assault....got to say that was pretty freaking tame"

2. "He pushes but not with full force at all"

3. "Hardly a kick at all"

4. ".....if Hunt's act even qualifies as a crime"

Please point out to us which of the above is NOT a defense of Hunt????

As if somehow by some vague scale of "force quantification" you have made up makes the acts Hunt committed
"OK" in your book...

Clearly you ARE defending an assault on a woman.....and make no mistake, this was an assault, it was a "crime" and it was clearly more than "conduct detrimental to the league"

Gimme a break....
Are you for real? He's giving a description of what happened in comparison to some other acts that were clearly much more heinous. Nothing more, nothing less. That's not a defense of Hunt. And then, the OP has the audacity to compare this to Ray Rice. Seriously, the premise of this thread is absurd. This isn't remotely close. Let's put the videos out there and let others compare and contrast the nonsense of comparing it to the Rice incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0o06IEgUV0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eOacEsSFnI

Last edited by JJonesIII; 12-02-2018 at 06:39 PM..

Old 12-02-2018, 06:56 PM

5,829 posts, read 5,635,141 times
The problem here is there is a contingent of posters hellbent on comparing to the Ray Rice or Tyreek Hill situation, rather than honing in on the wrongdoing of the Hunt situation. I don't get it with the comparisons theme, or the "this wasn't bad" theme...that isn't the point. The point isn't that this isn't as bad as another incident if violence...

Personally, I'm defending Hunt from the standpoint of, the sloppy upper management in this league dropped the ball yet again in mishandling player behavior. They do not get to absolve themselves of guilt but lower the hammer on Hunt, especially considering the facts, there was a mutual instigator here, most likely. Make no mistake, Hunt was wrong here. I don't disagree with the Chiefs cutting Hunt ultimately, nor an 8-12 game suspension, but if this was going to be done, they are 4-6 months behind schedule. Once again the NFL has egg on their faces and The League looks like a bunch of incompetent, insensitive jerks run the business...

If Kareem Hunt thinks like, or gets advice from people in the form of people who are defending his actions in this thread, he's going to grow up to be a ****ty man. Right now, he can be saved at 23 years old. But only if he recognizes the error of his ways, he so obviously has anger and violence issues. I'm not convinced with his ESPN interview, and he's young enough that he'll probably still be in great playing shape if he takes a year or two away from the game (even if they reinstate him earlier) to truly learn himself and mature. Right now, he sounds like The League and his former employers---->upset that he got caught on video, rather than truly upset at his actions...

Old 12-02-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
The problem here is there is a contingent of posters hellbent on comparing to the Ray Rice or Tyreek Hill situation, rather than honing in on the wrongdoing of the Hunt situation. I don't get it with the comparisons theme, or the "this wasn't bad" theme...that isn't the point. The point isn't that this isn't as bad as another incident if violence...

Personally, I'm defending Hunt from the standpoint of, the sloppy upper management in this league dropped the ball yet again in mishandling player behavior. They do not get to absolve themselves of guilt but lower the hammer on Hunt, especially considering the facts, there was a mutual instigator here, most likely. Make no mistake, Hunt was wrong here. I don't disagree with the Chiefs cutting Hunt ultimately, nor an 8-12 game suspension, but if this was going to be done, they are 4-6 months behind schedule. Once again the NFL has egg on their faces and The League looks like a bunch of incompetent, insensitive jerks run the business...

If Kareem Hunt thinks like, or gets advice from people in the form of people who are defending his actions in this thread, he's going to grow up to be a ****ty man. Right now, he can be saved at 23 years old. But only if he recognizes the error of his ways, he so obviously has anger and violence issues. I'm not convinced with his ESPN interview, and he's young enough that he'll probably still be in great playing shape if he takes a year or two away from the game (even if they reinstate him earlier) to truly learn himself and mature. Right now, he sounds like The League and his former employers---->upset that he got caught on video, rather than truly upset at his actions...
And if someone was defending him, you might have a point. The only thing that is happening here is we have a poster that is making an absurd comparison to start the thread and other saying there's no comparison. No one is saying that what Hunt did was right and that he shouldn't be penalized, and that's more than obvious as many have stated that throughout this thread. I'd be happy to point out the comments to you if you don't see them. And if Hunt was getting advice from the people in this thread, he would be told just about unanimously that his actions were wrong from what I can see.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:12 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
[quote=JJonesIII;53785633]Are you for real? He's giving a description of what happened in comparison to some other acts that were clearly much more heinous. Nothing more, nothing less. That's not a defense of Hunt. And then, the OP has the audacity to compare this to Ray Rice. Seriously, the premise of this thread is absurd. This isn't remotely close. Let's put the videos out there and let others compare and contrast the nonsense of comparing it to the Rice incident.

Are YOU for real??

In the post you just responded to point out to me EXACTLY where the "comparisons" are to Ray Rice...

Stating that he just watched the Hunt tape ....

.....that was pretty lame

.....he pushes but not with full force at all

.....hardly a kick at all.....

.....IF Hunt's act even qualifies as a crime....

NOT ONE of those statements was a "comparison" to the Rice tape....they were all value judgements of the Hunt ASSAULT....NOT comparative statements

What is absurd is the apparent need to quantify violence that you and others here demonstrate as if that somehow makes what Hunt did sorta OK, you know, it wasn't as bad as Rice so what's the big deal??

Please....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football