Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 06:05 PM

200 posts, read 62,124 times

Advertisements

I'll take the
Chargers @ Raiders

Just can not trust LA in the 4th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2020, 09:47 PM

1,149 posts, read 452,875 times
Put a nail in the coffin on the Raiders’ playoff hopes following the most un-Chargers like finish ever.

Old 12-18-2020, 01:53 AM

9,775 posts, read 7,491,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caj727 View Post
Put a nail in the coffin on the Raiders’ playoff hopes following the most un-Chargers like finish ever.
I kinda figured after the Falcons game at the end of November they were about cooked. And any combination of: 15 less seconds, a non blitz call, or anyone other than Gregg Williams calling plays for the Jets and they lose that game as well which really would've put the nail in the coffin.

Old 12-19-2020, 01:37 PM

200 posts, read 62,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbnum3 View Post
I'll take the
Chargers @ Raiders

Just can not trust LA in the 4th.
Sorry Raider fans, the owner loves Gruden.

Bills @ Broncos
Panthers @ Packers

49ers @ Cowboys
Seahawks @ WFT
Bears @ Vikings
Patriots @ Dolphins
Jaguars @ Ravens
Buccaneers @ Falcons Not sure why
Lions @ Titans
Texans @ Colts
Eagles @ Cardinals
Jets @ Rams
Chiefs @ Saints
Browns @ Giants
Steelers @ Bengals

Old 12-19-2020, 03:56 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,663,032 times
I picked the Raiders for TNF...I was torn between which team would choke in the 4th, and I see the Chargers choked less...

The Bills-Broncos is on right now, so I wont/cant pick that, so here are the rest of my picks...

Chargers @ Raiders

Bills @ Broncos (None)
Panthers @ Packers

49ers @ Cowboys
Seahawks @ WFT
Bears @ Vikings
Patriots @ Dolphins
Jaguars @ Ravens
Buccaneers @ Falcons
Lions @ Titans
Texans @ Colts
Eagles @ Cardinals
Jets @ Rams
Chiefs @ Saints
Browns @ Giants
Steelers @ Bengals

Old 12-19-2020, 04:57 PM

The Colts have won the AFC East more recently than the Bills. Until now.

Old 12-19-2020, 10:13 PM

9,775 posts, read 7,491,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Last week: 8-8
Overall: 140-67-1

Chargers @ Raiders. Raiders have had 3 really terrible weeks since taking the Chiefs down to the wire Thanksgiving weekend, while the Chargers actually won a close game last week. I'll take the Raiders in the Chargers first visit to LA, but with how my last 2 week's have gone, I'd bet the house on the Chargers.
Bills @ Broncos. Normally I worry about QB's making their first visit to Denver, just look at Tua with the Dolphins this year. With Josh Allen going to college a couple hours up the interstate in Laramie, Wyoming, the altitude problem shouldn't effect him as it might with others, and the big advantage Denver normally has, is negated.
Panthers @ Packers. Panthers under Rhule have played most teams close, and I don't think this game is any different, but the Packers are in the catbird for the #1 NFC seed as the own the tiebreaker on the Saints, and they'll keep it going.
49ers @ Cowboys. They will basically be playing half of the Niners backups on offense, and the rest of the division all have very losable games this week.
Seahawks @ WFT. I would've picked the football team for my upset of the week IF Smith was playing (I'll save it for another divisonal team later on). However, I'm not picking Haskins to beat a college team, much less a Seahawks team where the division is still very much in play.
Bears @ Vikings. Vikes won by 6 in Chicago about a month back, they should win by at least that amount at home.
Patriots @ Dolphins. The Patriots ALWAYS had trouble in December down there against the Phins WITH Brady and Gronk, and the rest of the crew, and now they are actually favored.
Jaguars @ Ravens. I think this will be somewhat close, less than 2 touchdowns Minshew will give the Jags a spark, and the Ravens are on their 3rd straight short week, so they are probably going to shut it down in the 4th, just be happy to get a win, and not worry about beating them by 30 which they could easily do if they wanted to, but they likely won't.
Buccaneers @ Falcons. Brady should roll in the dome.
Lions @ Titans. Titans will keep pace in the division.
Texans @ Colts. This was a close game in Houston 2 weeks ago, but after the Texans got devoured by the Monsters of Midway last week, the rematch isn't going to be nearly as close as the original one was.
Eagles @ Cardinals. Back and forth game with Hurts and Murray. I could definitely see this coming down to the wire like the Cards/Bills game whoever has the ball last could very well win, and I just hope it's Murray and the Cards with the ball left.
Jets @ Rams. The Jets have given up on the season. Why you ask?? Because after playing last week in Seattle, they flew back east to New Jersey during the week. Yah, Gase mentioned Covid, but that's a lame excuse. When the Niners played back-to-back weeks at the Meadowlands they stayed East, I'm pretty sure the Cards stayed east when they had 3 straight games in the eastern & Central time zone, obviously the Patriots stayed in LA last week when they played the Chargers and Rams back to back. You can bet your life savings that if the Jets are 8-5 instead of 0-13, and in the thick of the playoff hunt, they are definitely practicing somewhere in California this week, Covid be dammed! If I'm the Jets: I just keep the plane grounded at Newark Airport; Not worth it going out there to get a butt-kicking.
Chiefs @ Saints. I'd have to go back and check, but I believe this has been my Super Bowl prediction for the last 2 years. Unless the Packers totally choke the last 2 weeks, the Saints will have to go through GB to get there, but the Chiefs can get back there again.
Browns @ Giants. My upset of the week! Freddie Kitchens gets to call the plays this week after OC Garret contacted Covid in a revenge game after getting fired last offseason by the Browns. Browns on a short week, and lost in excrutating fashion. I'd be more confident in the Giants pick if Bradberry wasn't out with Covid either, but McCoy does just enough to not lose, and possibly plays himself for contention for a starting job next year.
Steelers @ Bengals. With the Colts and Browns on deck to end the season, this looks like a good game and opponent to figure out where things have gone wrong lately and get them straightened out. Depending on what happens with the Browns game, the Steelers can either clinch the division (if the Browns win), or will have already have the division won (if the Browns lose).

Old 12-20-2020, 02:51 PM

So far, 8-2 on the early games...

...and right now, the Jets are dominating the Rams...

Old 12-20-2020, 02:55 PM

The Jets are up, 13-0, but they got only 6 points out of a blocked punt and an interception in Ram territory. Those are signs of the Jets letting the Rams back in the game eventually...

Old 12-20-2020, 03:05 PM

Jared Goff is just infuriating to watch play the quarterback position. No business being a starter in this league any more than Cam Newton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football