Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 02:49 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,894,836 times

Advertisements

Are we gonna have to deal with ridiculous TebowTalk every single damn time the Broncos lose? Manning was lights out today. He went 31/44 for 345 yards, 3 TDs and no picks - and posted a 116.2 QB rating. That's the 3rd time in 5 games he's been above 100. Not bad for a "has been" who's coming off 4 neck surgeries and a lost season. He is not the problem, and he's still an exponential upgrade over Tebow.

Broncos lost because Willis McGahee and DT committed killer turnovers and their craptacular D couldn't stop the run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 03:04 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
You lost because Chip Kelly stopped by and consulted with the Pats on the hurry up offense. My Ducks win every week by 30 points with it.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:05 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
How is Tom Brady smug and arrogant? Say what you want about him, but one thing you cannot say about Brady is that he is smug and arrogant.

Tom Brady is an idiot. - YouTube

Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Are we gonna have to deal with ridiculous TebowTalk every single damn time the Broncos lose? Manning was lights out today. He went 31/44 for 345 yards, 3 TDs and no picks - and posted a 116.2 QB rating. That's the 3rd time in 5 games he's been above 100. Not bad for a "has been" who's coming off 4 neck surgeries and a lost season. He is not the problem, and he's still an exponential upgrade over Tebow.

Broncos lost because Willis McGahee and DT committed killer turnovers and their craptacular D couldn't stop the run.
Yes I think you will and should.

Manning might be a better QB, but the team is not better right now. Taking a holistic view, if we don't make the playoffs this year spending 96million on a QB wasn't such a great idea. Should have built the young guy.

Elway did what was better for him.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:54 AM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
There's an old saying "To play winning football you need to run the ball and stop the run."

We got 70 yards rushing yesterday, with McGahee getting 51 of it on 14 carries. New England on the other hand got 252 yards rushing. That's close to a 4 to 1 ratio.

Defensive line: We are missing Byron Bunkley who signed with New Orleans in the off season. Ty Warren has proved to be a bust playing only about one quarter in this season and last season. Kevin Vickerson and Justin Bannan are journeymen linemen. Robert Ayers has not played like the coaching staff hoped when he was drafted #1 a few years ago. Dumervil needs help. We're going to have to make do with what we have. I WAS surprised though to see Brady sacked 4 times. In the end though, we didn't stop the run-at all.

Offensive linemen: I was hoping Chris Kuper would be ready yesterday, he wasn't. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox sat him out in the Monday night game against San Diego with the bye week coming up afterwards which should give Kuper sufficient time to be ready to go. We'll see.

I'd have to pull up the Elias Sports Bureau website and see what the NFL record is for total plays by both clubs in an NFL game: Denver had 66, New England had 89. And speaking of the 89, I saw the Broncos defense huffing and puffing at times when the Pats were running their quick plays, particularly in the second quarter and part of the third quarter. BTW, the Patriots had 35 first downs, a club record.

Football is a 60 minute game and we're not showing up for a good portion of it.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-08-2012 at 11:18 AM..

Old 10-08-2012, 11:41 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
I am a Bronco fan but I think the season is over. Denver is just not a playoff caliber team and even if they find themselves in the playoffs I don't think they will win a game. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see it this year anyway.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:30 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Quote:

Thank you. I'm glad Peyton has played pretty well overall so far this season, and most of the hardcore "Tebowites" have crawled back into their holes. But still, some of the most hardcore Tebow Trolls still call into the radio and post on message boards about how the Broncos would be better off with Timmy still in Denver.

At that point, I realize that they're talking with their hearts and not their football minds, and I forgive them.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:54 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:

Agreed. I previously posted my thoughts on our D-line earlier this morning.

Running back 101: When catching a pass out of the backfield you catch the ball first before you even think about running down the field.

Wide receiver 101: Protect the football! Part of a defensive backs job description is knocking that ball out of a players hands.

You can't make the type of mistakes we made and expect to beat a team like the Patriots. In fact- how about not making any mistakes.

Another note worth mentioning-We haven't been playing the little sisters of the poor. The cumulative record of the three clubs we've lost to so far is 12-2.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
... We haven't been playing the little sisters of the poor. The cumulative record of the three clubs we've lost to so far is 12-2.
Thanks for pointing that out, HH. It's the most important stat in this young season. I'd have been very surprised to see the Broncos beat NE on their own turf -- happy, but surprised. If they can beat the Chargers Monday night, they'll be right where I was hoping they'd be at the break at 3-3. The team has a lot to learn this year, so they should be playing better the last half of the season. We also have a much easier schedule ahead of us.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
Another disgusting stat....

New England's offense was at 3rd & 10+ five times on Sunday. They converted on four of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football