Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:57 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times

Advertisements

OMG, can these three ESPN fools climb up the Packers collective rear end any further tonight??? It's more sickening as the game goes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 09:41 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
I'm a Packers fan and watched the game at a bar, so I really didn't hear much of anything.

Doesn't matter what game is on these days though, the commentators suck so hard that I'd rather just kill the volume and watch. I can figure out what is going on without having to hear some self centered gurus bloviate for 3 hours.

I was happy to see the Packers win though!!! Rodgers had a fantastic start. I'm really hoping this is a sign of things to come. I get nervous though thinking about how the Dolphins have gone through 13 qb's since Marino left, and how many have Denver, SF49ers, and the Cowboys (prior to Romo) gone through with all of the ones they tried being "promising". I really hope Rodgers is the real deal though. I don't want the Packers to go through qb's over and over. Tonight was at the very least a great sign!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:00 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
there's an option on some TV's that allow you to edit out the commentators sound and just listen to the crowd, like you were at the game itself. Needless to say, ESPN's commentators seem to babble like there's no tomorrow about the dramafests going around the NFL. And Faux, er Fox Sports isnt much better.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:06 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
I'm sick of Tony Kornheiser going on about how the Packers made a mistake letting Favre go. And then Jaworski chimes in with how Favre-like Rodgers' TD throw was. Guys ... IT'S OVER. Brett is gone. Aaron Rodgers is the QB. He is not Brett Favre. Let him be his own player, for God's sake!

Old 09-09-2008, 08:39 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,294,566 times
I like Jaws and Tirico. Kornheiser; meh, he is better on PTI, I think he should have stuck with that. The only commentators I actively like are Al Michaels and John Madden. I don't know why I like Madden and Micheals; it used to be that I could not stand Madden. But, I guess him and Michaels make a decent team. Aside from that, I have a hard time enjoying any of the commentators, they are all just there for the most part.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
I'm sick of Tony Kornheiser going on about how the Packers made a mistake letting Favre go. And then Jaworski chimes in with how Favre-like Rodgers' TD throw was. Guys ... IT'S OVER. Brett is gone. Aaron Rodgers is the QB. He is not Brett Favre. Let him be his own player, for God's sake!

I agree. But we are going to have to put up with that crap all season.

I understand talking about it early in the game but it went on and on and on and on.

ESPN is getting really bad with who is working in their booths. I think I am going to watch future games on mute.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:23 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,102,578 times
I watched the 2nd game last night, and even though my Raiders still suck, I thought Mike, Mike and Mike did a good job.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:34 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
Is it just me, or does anyone else not like ESPN's new grapihics for MNF?, it takes up like a 3rd of the screen it seems.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else not like ESPN's new grapihics for MNF?, it takes up like a 3rd of the screen it seems.
I didn't like that, either.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I agree. But we are going to have to put up with that crap all season.

I understand talking about it early in the game but it went on and on and on and on.

ESPN is getting really bad with who is working in their booths. I think I am going to watch future games on mute.
Sometime back in the '80s, NBC (when they had the Sunday AFC games) did an entire game without any announcers, as a one-time experiment. I think it was a Dolphins-Jets game. It was wonderful not having a couple of nincompoops telling me what I just saw. I'll never forget that.

I like having somebody knowledgable like Ron Jaworski (and yes, for the most part, I like him), breaking down the Xs and Os of a play. That kind of stuff is useful. The rest, though, is just hot air!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football