Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2017, 07:56 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,624,443 times

Advertisements

Juppiter,

I'm throwing the whole "trust the process" mentality out the window. I'm not sure it will ever be regained with this new regime. I was on board with trusting the process after the Jets debacle. I figured that one bag game on the road on a short week does not define what the team had built through the first 7 games of the season.But after these last two games it seems that we are in fact defined by our three game losing streak now. Likely one of the worst three game losing streaks in franchise history if we look at the statistics behind it.

Ditch,

Joe Webb? He wasn't even on my radar as an option to enter the game. Glad Tyrod got extended mop up duty. I don't think there is any question who should start next week in K.C. That is Taylor 100%. The sooner McDerp comes out and acknowledges Taylor as the starter in K.C. the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 08:29 AM

6,453 posts, read 4,938,371 times
Bill, and I am not saying we shouldn't, if we fire the coach then we will be paying Rex for 2 more years for not coaching and McDermott for 4 more. You are absolutely right about hiring an offensive minded coach. As you pointed out the Carolina defense IMPROVED since he left. I don't know if its a coincidence but our defense has been awful since Marcel was given away. We gave away 2 of our best defensive players plus Sammy for draft picks that may or may not pan out. The biggest mistake we made was not hiring an offensive minded coach instead of Rex. We dumped Jim Schwartz, who is a million times better than what came after him. After Marone left all we needed was to hire Gase or another hotshot OC and we would be looking at not only playoffs but a chance to erase the 4 SB loss stigma. But now we are in free fall with a dreadful roster and a GM and coach in way over their heads. These last 3 games are the lowest point I can remember. I think and I have been saying this for year is that we need a shrew experienced football guy and turn over the team to him like Jacksonville did with Tom Coughlin. I love the Pegulas and they are the saviors of our city but looking at the Bills and Sabres it seems like they hire on how someone wows them at an interview. I am sure Rex and Sean sounded great during their interviews but the on field performance did not match their hype.

Last edited by Thundarr457; 11-20-2017 at 09:19 AM..

Old 11-20-2017, 09:15 AM

Unfortunately for McDermott, the early season success due to the take aways created on defense have really come back to bite him in the butt. Going into the season we were all thinking it would be a five win type of season. McDermott could have easily stayed on board and had this fan base looking forward to his second year in control with all of the draft picks in hand. But the 5-2 start got us excited that we were on track early and for things to unravel at the level they have the last three games is pretty much unacceptable.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:48 AM

Unravel is putting it mildly. Its more like a total implosion. This coach knows how to say all the right things but the team bombs on the field.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:46 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,238,174 times
Bills were punching above their weight for much of the early season considering the talent on the roster...

That being said, when its been 17 years since you sniffed the playoffs, you don't pull a serviceable NFL starting QB for a 5th round rookie when your holding onto a Wild Card spot however tenuously....

Tyrod may have left a lot of points and yards on the field but he masked your O line deficiencies with his legs and it was far from his fault that the Defense decided to just stop playing against the run...

Old 11-20-2017, 09:12 PM

11,280 posts, read 11,050,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Ditch,

Joe Webb? He wasn't even on my radar as an option to enter the game. Glad Tyrod got extended mop up duty. I don't think there is any question who should start next week in K.C. That is Taylor 100%. The sooner McDerp comes out and acknowledges Taylor as the starter in K.C. the better.
Why is he even on the payroll then? I know it is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but I couldn't help asking. If the Bills can't stick him in with a five TD deficit, what are they paying him for?

Of course Taylor is the obvious starter next week. No brainer there. Sunday solidified his status as the starter for the rest of the season. If he goes down though, who do they stick in? Number 2, Number 3, or do they bring someone else into the organization real quickly? We now know what #2 is capable of, but not #3.

I guess that is what I was getting at.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:37 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,453,620 times
You all supported the switch to Peterman.

Yes, McDermott should have had the confidence to resist that. I am not convinced that his hand wasn’t forced.

The fanbase demanded a switch to Peterman and now they are outraged by it. Including y’all. How can you stand here and demean this team’s coaching and management when you encouraged and applauded this move?

Yes, I still trust the process. This team overperformed and has regressed to the mean. We need a long term strategy and this front office can provide that, if we let them and stop flipping out.

McDermott made a mistake. But the vast majority of fans encouraged and wanted that mistake, and I’m not convinced that his hand wasn’t forced.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
McDermott made a mistake. But the vast majority of fans encouraged and wanted that mistake, and I’m not convinced that his hand wasn’t forced.
I don't buy that. If he is so strongly in support of Taylor why did he wait till the second half to bring him back in. There were two obvious and key moments in the first half where he could have brought him back in.

If he is in support of Taylor why hasn't he announced Taylor as the starter for the Chiefs game?

Yes 90% of fans wanted a change. Not surprising considering the death spiral this team has been on since the Jets game and the terrible production from the QB position the last two weeks. But this is on the coach. He's the one that is around these players every day. He sees them practice every day. He knows the game plan. He knows the opponent. He made an educated guess that Peterman was ready and Peterman would hold his on weight out there and he couldn't have been more wrong in that regard. Fans will get riled up over a lot of things but it's up the coach to make the correct decision.

McDermott is 0 for 3 right now.

1. He miss read Peterman's readiness
2. He pulled Peterman from the game way to late.
3. And now he is surely ruffling feathers in the locker room by not yet naming Taylor as the starter against the Chiefs. Something that should have been easy to do Sunday after the game. When will McDermott name Taylor the starter Tuesday? Wednesday? Thursday? Never??

Old 11-20-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Why is he even on the payroll then? I know it is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but I couldn't help asking. If the Bills can't stick him in with a five TD deficit, what are they paying him for?
Webb actually plays on special teams too. He has 7 tackles on the year.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:31 AM

Whats to be gained by naming the QB now? Tyrod is as ready as he will ever be and maybe if KC doesn't know the starter it will give us some kind of competitive edge (unlikely). 99/100 Tyrod will start. I supported starting Peterman and he was awful to say the least. The coach was hoping he would all of a sudden get better which didn't happen. Tyrod looked good in garbage time and his performances of the previous 2 weeks cannot be overlooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football