Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2018, 06:15 AM

6,448 posts, read 4,935,011 times

Advertisements

https://footballmaven.io/bills/news/...kOaR5FDNrxuIw/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 07:08 AM

6,448 posts, read 4,935,011 times
From Football Maven:

The cornerback situation wasn’t all of the drama for the Bills. Having watched his defense give up 75 points in the first six quarters of the season, McDermott took over the defensive play-calling from defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier in the second half. The Bills played much better, giving up just three points, four first downs and 68 yards, but that could probably also be partially attributed to the Chargers taking their foot off the gas pedal.

“I think we just played with a little bit more pride and a little bit more execution in the second half,” said Alexander. “We were able to get off the field. Obviously, there were some big plays by Jerry (Hughes), Trent (Murphy), the defensive line, getting some tackles for losses, some sacks.”

Monday, McDermott said, “Leslie and I are still working through that. Either way, Leslie is going to be a big part of what we’re doing. In terms of the play-calling, we’re going to do what we need to do to win games and improve. We look at every corner to improve, we all have to do our job better. Nobody said this was going to be easy and that’s what we’re going through right now. We did some good things at times, obviously in the first half it wasn’t good enough; you can’t give up 28 points and give yourself a chance to win. In the second half I was very pleased with the way guys were flying around and they were having fun out there so that was good to see.”

https://footballmaven.io/bills/news/...EkOxDHtsEXyG2Q

Old 09-23-2018, 01:04 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,623,716 times
That was the best first half of football I can ever recall the Bills playing in am long time I’d ever. Allen was amazing in that first half.

Old 09-23-2018, 01:40 PM

11,280 posts, read 11,047,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
That was the best first half of football I can ever recall the Bills playing in am long time I’d ever. Allen was amazing in that first half.
That was his "Mayfield moment". Hopefully this game means they have arrived.

A lot of people are utterly shocked today, myself included.

Last edited by ditchlights; 09-23-2018 at 01:49 PM..

Old 09-23-2018, 02:17 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,623,716 times
The defense has been lights out for 6 quarters now. I joked last week that they are only giving up 6ppg since Vontae Davis retires at halftime since they only gave up 3pts last week after the half. Looks like I was right on the money.

Old 09-23-2018, 02:34 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,027,302 times
That game totally busted up my Survivor league haha. Everyone picked the Vikings, except one guy who picked the Jaguars who also lost.

This was such a monumental upset, I'm curious where it ranks in terms of NFL upsets based on point spreads. I think the Bills were 17 point underdogs, which is really high in the NFL.

Old 09-23-2018, 03:27 PM

6,406 posts, read 8,997,048 times
I just saw the clip of Allen leaping over Anthony Barr. Impressive stuff. Win or lose that was game highlight reel material.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:05 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,617,948 times
Wow! Bills played lights OUT! Josh Allen looked like Super Dude. Congrats!

Old 09-23-2018, 04:33 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,807,059 times
Just when you thought their season was seemingly over after week 2, they go on the road and shut everyone up with a very solid win.

To borrow the phrase from Kirk Cousins, "YOU LIKE THAT?!"

Old 09-23-2018, 09:23 PM

307 posts, read 119,012 times
I absolutely loved how the Bills played today.

Granted, it was one game. There were things that looked great, and things that did not look great. But Josh Allen showed so much potential, and that is what I wanted to see.

I think this team went out there with something to prove because they were humiliated by the Vontae Davis retirement at halftime. But Hughes had a great game. Milano had a great game. Allen had a great game.

Kelvin Benjamin is a scrub and I'd just bench him at this point, lol.

We have a chance against Green Bay. We aren't the team that had no chance whatsoever that I saw in week 1.

I will be attending the @Jets game this year for sure.... maybe more if we see a decent performance next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football