Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 01:59 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,495,144 times

Advertisements

After setting the lowest rushing total for an game in something like 50 years, the Bears, and Matt Forte rush for over 200 yards. Couple that with big plays on special teams, and an early pick six, and we beat a very talented Carolina squad.

Carolina is a lot better than the 1-3 record says, great W for DAAAA Bears
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Nice flip fail, Barber.
No way! I was actually impressed, he is a big dude, and in pads, to even get that close is pretty sick

Old 10-02-2011, 02:21 PM

237 posts, read 380,006 times
Turned on the NFL network about 15 minutes ago, and they were HATING on the Bears. No mention of Hesters run. Just glorious praise of Cam.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:56 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,251,373 times
Thanks to Dallas for blowing a 24-point lead. I'm embarrassed that Tony edit played for my alma mater.

Next week at Detroit is make-it-or-break-it. Mark my words, if they lose next week the season is over.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:03 PM

Also, is anyone else concerned about the defense's points allowed so far this season? I realize Carolina's last touchdown was a "doesn't mean anything" gimme, but still... What kept them in the last two seasons was the defense's ability to keep games close even when the offense was barely functional. They're not doing that this year, so far.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:16 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,771,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
After setting the lowest rushing total for an game in something like 50 years, the Bears, and Matt Forte rush for over 200 yards. Couple that with big plays on special teams, and an early pick six, and we beat a very talented Carolina squad.

Carolina is a lot better than the 1-3 record says, great W for DAAAA Bears
Panthers fan here. Good game from ya'll.

Man no Beason or T Davis in conjunction with no DTs will mean a long year for us. I'm happy Double Trouble showed some signs of life in the game.

Tip for y'all keep giving it to Forte.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Thanks to Dallas for blowing a 24-point lead. I'm embarrassed that Tony edit played for my alma mater.

Next week at Detroit is make-it-or-break-it. Mark my words, if they lose next week the season is over.
Heh, I have Charleston, IL education as well

I don't really agree though about next week. Bears probably need to get to 11 wins to get to the post season. So if we go to 2-3, 9-2 the rest of the way needs to happen, and thats not impossible. I dunno, I want a win to, but I'm not going to give up on everything if we lose to a very hot Detroit team, who I think will come back to earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Panthers fan here. Good game from ya'll.

Man no Beason or T Davis in conjunction with no DTs will mean a long year for us. I'm happy Double Trouble showed some signs of life in the game.

Tip for y'all keep giving it to Forte.
Yes, Mr Martz caved, or Lovie just turned off his headset for the game and the bears finally committed to the run. The Bears had 24 points at one point, and 1 pass thrown.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Heh, I have Charleston, IL education as well

I don't really agree though about next week. Bears probably need to get to 11 wins to get to the post season. So if we go to 2-3, 9-2 the rest of the way needs to happen, and thats not impossible. I dunno, I want a win to, but I'm not going to give up on everything if we lose to a very hot Detroit team, who I think will come back to earth.
Yeah, living in that hayseed town was an education all right. I was lucky enough to be the last generation of students to benefit from the "19" bar-entry age, thank God. Otherwise there'd have been even less "nothing" to do, if that's even possible.

Anyway, as for my prognostications... we'll reconvene next week and possibly in December.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:03 PM

14,330 posts, read 14,635,457 times
Oh, my gosh, Charleston! I didn't go to college but friends went there so I used to drive down thought it was a big deal! Good old Rantoul right near by, ahhh, the good old days. Interesting that Romo went to Eastern, what a hoot!

Back to the Bears, can I go over the edge here and say they might give Detroit a tough time??? OK this transplant will get off your Bears thread now. Charleston, I have to dig in my photo albumns now!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:10 PM

Rantoul (aka "Rantucky") isn't that close by, it's some 75 miles away. Maybe you're thinking of Mattoon (aka "Methtoon"). I lived there for my final year of school; and when I die, that one year should credited toward 10 years in purgatory. That place made Charleston look like Rome.

As for Romo playing there, I bet the guy had no idea as he was playing for and against half-ass teams in front of a crowd of 3,000 people who were there primarily because there was nothing better to do on a Saturday night that he'd be shtupping Jessica Simpson a few years later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football