Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 12:08 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,498,060 times

Advertisements

Well, a new GM is in town. Listened to his presser yesterday and he didn't really say anything of note. I think just a change in the GM spot is good enough for bears fans. I just hope he does well in the draft since the bears have been a bad drafting team for what feels like forever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 01:14 PM

570 posts, read 581,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Well, a new GM is in town. Listened to his presser yesterday and he didn't really say anything of note. I think just a change in the GM spot is good enough for bears fans. I just hope he does well in the draft since the bears have been a bad drafting team for what feels like forever
Hi, I think you have to perk up ALOT ORANGE mark my words..He fired Tim Ruskell that WAS BIG...Hes holding his cards close to his vest...
I believe he will make some big moves in free agency...He will go after KC free agents There tall WR.Dwayne Bowe , an impact DE...Also some oline help...maybe a trade for Brandon marshall...Things are brighter with him there...check out the free agent list...
2012 NFL Free Agents: WR

Old 01-31-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
Hi, I think you have to perk up ALOT ORANGE mark my words..He fired Tim Ruskell that WAS BIG...Hes holding his cards close to his vest...
I believe he will make some big moves in free agency...He will go after KC free agents There tall WR.Dwayne Bowe , an impact DE...Also some oline help...maybe a trade for Brandon marshall...Things are brighter with him there...check out the free agent list...
2012 NFL Free Agents: WR
I would like another good WR, but when Cutler was playing, the passing offense wasn't really an issue. Sure it could be worse, but Cutler is a good enough QB, as he showed this season and last to make mediocre WRs good. Bears have far bigger needs than WRs, however everyone keeps talking about the Vjaxs, Bowe, Marshalls, Meachums of the world.... I hope the GM sees things my way

Old 01-31-2012, 01:36 PM

[quote=Orangeish;22789080]I would like another good WR, but when Cutler was playing, the passing offense wasn't really an issue. Sure it could be worse, but Cutler is a good enough QB, as he showed this season and last to make mediocre WRs good. Bears have far bigger needs than WRs, however everyone keeps talking about the Vjaxs, Bowe, Marshalls, Meachums of the world.... I hope the GM sees things my way [/quote
I dont think you will be dissapointeted...the arogance of angelo thinking the bears needed no help in free agency because they made it to the championship game cost him...The quick fix is thru free agency...I want another stud pass rusher..Saftey..CB...OL..WR...
There are some good people on the list...He has to spend the money
the fun begins next month...and a trade for brandon marshall would be nice...

Old 01-31-2012, 03:02 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I would like another good WR, but when Cutler was playing, the passing offense wasn't really an issue. Sure it could be worse, but Cutler is a good enough QB, as he showed this season and last to make mediocre WRs good. Bears have far bigger needs than WRs, however everyone keeps talking about the Vjaxs, Bowe, Marshalls, Meachums of the world.... I hope the GM sees things my way
"Another" good WR? Do we have "a" good WR yet?

I suppose Bennett isn't bad but that really seems to be more on account of a Cutler/Bennett-specific chemistry than Bennett being a playmaker. The biggest playmaker in recent times when it came to the passing game was Olsen, and he got traded because we needed a "blocking" TE who turned out to suck even worse at blocking than Olsen did.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
"Another" good WR? Do we have "a" good WR yet?

I suppose Bennett isn't bad but that really seems to be more on account of a Cutler/Bennett-specific chemistry than Bennett being a playmaker. The biggest playmaker in recent times when it came to the passing game was Olsen, and he got traded because we needed a "blocking" TE who turned out to suck even worse at blocking than Olsen did.
From what I've seen of Bennett, I would say he is a good WR, yes.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:16 PM

So far so good with the changes...and now the reuniting of jeremy bates with cutler who knows jays strengths and who knows the bears dont have a no.1 wr...wouldn't a trade for brandon marshall be nice and reunite the 3...stay tuned...

Old 02-13-2012, 06:54 AM

all is quiet between forte and halas hall...I think it maybe a good sign and leading to a contract resolution....teams have until march 8th to tag a player....

what are the strongest postions in the draft?

Old 02-17-2012, 06:52 AM

If the Bears can land 2 top wide outs in free agency, would you like to see them take a chance on Moss if you can get him on the cheap? I would...tice and lovie may reign in his attitude...

Old 02-24-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
If the Bears can land 2 top wide outs in free agency, would you like to see them take a chance on Moss if you can get him on the cheap? I would...tice and lovie may reign in his attitude...
Land two top wideouts? There is zero chance that happens. They'll be extremely lucky to get one, if anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football