Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2014, 09:39 PM

546 posts, read 547,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Have you seen a game at UoP? Cardinals fans are LOUD and with the Birdgang winning it will get louder. IMHO It will definitely be enough to bother Detroit. (Even more so if the roof is closed, and I think Arians will keep it closed.) TV sound doesn't do the crowd noise justice. It is ear-splitting, headache-inducing loud during goal line stands when we're on defense.
I haven't been to a game this year at UoP, but I agree that it is deafening as per the announcers. A few weeks ago, they said that the decibel level was higher even than the crowd at Seattle. Detroit is entering a closed in cage! It will be interesting to see what BS has in store to deal with Suh and his mates.

Detroit also has to deal with a hot Green Bay team on the last game of their season. Those teams that can't win their respective divisions are starting to look like they will be in some serious battles for a wild-card spot, just like last year. It's looking like Green Bay and Detroit in the Central, Dallas and Philly in the East, New Orleans in the lowly South, and Arizona and Seattle in the West.

I can see Detroit losing 3 more away games, (Cards, Patriots, and Green Bay), and Green bay losing only 1 or 2 and taking the division. One thing for sure...we're going to find out what the Cards AND Detroit are really made of.

And as far as Drew Stanton goes, I think he'll perform just fine as long as he stays healthy. He had us in a position to win in Denver, remember, and he's a great replacement for Palmer. This team is used to seeing the next guy come in and do a great job, and I know that the players are confident in Drew after what he already has done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 09:44 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Saw him on Sports Center, actually seemed like a quiet, soft spoken guy! Calls the dance peanut butter and jelly!
Brown must've seriously loved PB&J when he was a kid, and probably still does if he reacted like that!

Old 11-12-2014, 11:28 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Have you seen a game at UoP? Cardinals fans are LOUD and with the Birdgang winning it will get louder. IMHO It will definitely be enough to bother Detroit. (Even more so if the roof is closed, and I think Arians will keep it closed.) TV sound doesn't do the crowd noise justice. It is ear-splitting, headache-inducing loud during goal line stands when we're on defense.
Ive never been to a game, but plan to make it to one in the near future, hopefully. Ive heard its pretty loud in there, Id love to experience it in person.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Ive never been to a game, but plan to make it to one in the near future, hopefully. Ive heard its pretty loud in there, Id love to experience it in person.
I hope you can. The stadium is first-rate all the way and an awesome place to see a game.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:58 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
It's a nice facility. I went to the Fiesta Bowl in '07 and two soccer matches but have not attended a Cardinals game yet. Had hoped to go this Sunday but the cheapest seats on StubHub are $100 for the upper bowl. Should have snagged a ticket at the beginning of the season when they were $33. I'll make sure to jump on the tickets ASAP the next time the Lions come out.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:26 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Was thinking the same thing when I saw the replay. He signed the contract on Friday maybe, then Sunday may be out for the year. Needs more churching or some other good karma.
I think Palmer is fine with $20.5 million coming to his bank account even if he never played another down (and didn't retire) before the end of next season.

As far as Drew Stanton goes, at least he's not the statue that Palmer is, so that is an added threat. At least semi-comparable to the Texans and Ryan Fitzpatrick, but the Cardinals actually have a worthy defense (among other pieces) to support him.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
I think Palmer is fine with $20.5 million coming to his bank account even if he never played another down (and didn't retire) before the end of next season.

As far as Drew Stanton goes, at least he's not the statue that Palmer is, so that is an added threat. At least semi-comparable to the Texans and Ryan Fitzpatrick, but the Cardinals actually have a worthy defense (among other pieces) to support him.

Oh so Stanton is mobile? I haven't had a chance to check him out. I am kind of pushing for the Cards to remain as the number 1 seed because if the Cards start slipping and the eagles beat GB to get the number 1 spot I will be very depressed lol

Old 11-16-2014, 07:11 PM

546 posts, read 547,155 times
Way to go Cards! Defense was nothing short of excellent, and the questions about Drew Stanton's effectiveness were pretty well answered. He started strong, only made a few mistakes. Detroit kept the Cards off the scoreboard after the first quarter, but that was to be expected from a team ranked #1 defensively, but Detroit never capitalized on anything either, which is a great tribute to the Card's defense. You can bet that Drew will spend enough time correcting any rough edges that he had and be ready and more efficient for Seattle. I would LOVE to see the Cards beat them again on their own grass!

And on the media front...I watched the OT after the game, and the question was asked if the Cards are the best in the NFL right now. Howie Long said "No", because we don't have a standout star and we only play well as a team. I guess he forgot that this is a team sport! Only Terry Bradshaw stood up for the Cardinals, and said, "Hey, if you're leading the NFL, that gives a pretty good sign that you're the best." Thanks Terry!

Old 11-16-2014, 07:12 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
Way to go Cards! Defense was nothing short of excellent, and the questions about Drew Stanton's effectiveness were pretty well answered. He started strong, only made a few mistakes. Detroit kept the Cards off the scoreboard after the first quarter, but that was to be expected from a team ranked #1 defensively, but Detroit never capitalized on anything either, which is a great tribute to the Card's defense. You can bet that Drew will spend enough time correcting any rough edges that he had and be ready and more efficient for Seattle. I would LOVE to see the Cards beat them again on their own grass!

And on the media front...I watched the OT after the game, and the question was asked if the Cards are the best in the NFL right now. Howie Long said "No", because we don't have a standout star and we only play well as a team. I guess he forgot that this is a team sport! Only Terry Bradshaw stood up for the Cardinals, and said, "Hey, if you're leading the NFL, that gives a pretty good sign that you're the best." Thanks Terry!
I was glad to see them win because if the Cowboys can't win the NFC East and get in the playoffs atleast I will take comfort in the fact that the Eagles won't have HFA throughout the playoffs

Old 11-16-2014, 08:20 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post

Cards completely shut down a potentially lethal Lions offense... So yeah, Howie Long is a tool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football