Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
his google is broken.....

ouch, that hurt!

he's ours, you can't have our Chico Sensation, you got our sloppy seconds before and how'd that work out for you?

stop riding our coattails and stalking our Super Bowl winning Quarterbacks. You had your FOUR chances, now sit back and watch how a real franchise does it. (just kidding, in all seriousness the future is bright for you guys, just get a back up QB though.)

Finley didn't play most of second half, Nelson limping, DeJuan Harris pulled early, they were contoling the game, just didn't want anyone else to get hurt.

but AP ran for 200 at Lambeau with Ponder before and they lost, in fact he's run for alot of yards when his team loses, any team that can't win a game outdoors all season isn't going to win the super bowl.
Go talk your smack in the Packers thread. If the Packers were legit they would have beaten the Vikes in week#17 and had the 2nd seed. You will get thumped by the 49rs so enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
The Vikings were a ship without a rudder. They could concentrate on AP and even cheat up with the linebackers since they didn't have to concern themselves with the pass. AP still gained 99 yards with a 4.5 avg. despite what had to be one of the most pathetic passing games ever in playoff history.

The Vikings defense played hard and did well. After all, other than the opening drive it was almost always a 3 and out. Packers are going to have to play a lot better next week after the gift game they received last night.

The Vikes made a remarkable turnaround this year without any outstanding players other than AP, Jared Allen, Walsh, Harvin (when healthy) and probably Chad Greenway. We desparately need another wide receiver and more depth in the defensive backfield. As to Ponder, I'm hoping for marked improvement next year. He grew up a lot at the end of the season. He either steps up his game next year or the Vikes better start shopping. Maybe Aaron Rodgers will want to wear purple. After all, isn't inside every Packer quarterback a Minnesota Viking just trying to get out? Brett set the precedance.
It took wearing a Vikings uni for Favre to have his best season ever

Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
OK, enough is enough, but Favre did go to the SB twice with the Packers, and won one. End of the day, how many have the Vikes won and great season , ended with an INT no SB.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
One tragic result from the Pack stumbling to defeat today that many people don't (or won't) think about will be the broken hearts of all the little cheesehead babies and infants that have never known post season success. Sure they may take some small measure of solace in grainy old black and white film of past heroics but only despair and shame wait ahead for them and their own hate saturated memories when they look around at their fellow orphanage residents. Surely destined to grow up to be bitter street urchins, wandering from town to town seeking solace in a drink? What is to become of them?
What's your take on all this Gheng?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I guess this was your Superbowl, too bad you have to crap all over the Vikings thread with your Packers garbage.
Orly? Had you seen the Packers thread mid... yesterday?

Old 01-06-2013, 04:12 PM

270 posts, read 260,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil Fools View Post
Several tufts of badger fur
Seven dried amanita muscaria from Grantsburg (after removing the white spots)
A crumpled up victory speech from Paul Ryan
blood from a poached deer bought at Hmong Market
generous amount of Jägermeister
1 cup of Leinekugel
generous amount of potato schnapps (vodka as substitute)
blend, strain serve with ice and celery stick
Sadly the shrooms were stale

Old 01-06-2013, 04:37 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Well though the loss hurts a bit it was still a good season. Ponder, though I was critical of him mid-season, really came on at the end of the year and it's a bummer he couldn't go last night. All in all it was a good season especially considering expectations for the year had us somewhere from 3-6 wins.

Going into next season we need:
-a legit back up QB (Webb is not going to cut it...reminded me of T-Jack at times and Spergon Wynn at other times)

-a legit #1 WR whether through the draft or free agency (I'd prefer signing a WR and drafting one)

-a healthy and happy Percy Harvin

-some depth at DT

-a new MLB

If we can address all of those to varying degrees we can be legit contenders next year. Of course we need Ponder to continue to grow and develop. It'd also be nice if Kyle Rudolph could become a threat at TE. Of course we won't perfectly address all of those because that's life but at the very least we need some dynamic playmakers at WR. Harvin is great but he's a slot WR, we need a field stretcher. I'd love to snag Mike Wallace from Pittsburgh.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Well though the loss hurts a bit it was still a good season. Ponder, though I was critical of him mid-season, really came on at the end of the year and it's a bummer he couldn't go last night. All in all it was a good season especially considering expectations for the year had us somewhere from 3-6 wins.

Going into next season we need:
-a legit back up QB (Webb is not going to cut it...reminded me of T-Jack at times and Spergon Wynn at other times)

-a legit #1 WR whether through the draft or free agency (I'd prefer signing a WR and drafting one)

-a healthy and happy Percy Harvin

-some depth at DT

-a new MLB

If we can address all of those to varying degrees we can be legit contenders next year. Of course we need Ponder to continue to grow and develop. It'd also be nice if Kyle Rudolph could become a threat at TE. Of course we won't perfectly address all of those because that's life but at the very least we need some dynamic playmakers at WR. Harvin is great but he's a slot WR, we need a field stretcher. I'd love to snag Mike Wallace from Pittsburgh.
Agreed with all your points. I wouldn't mind Wallace but I have a feeling it's going to be Jennings. I think he wants to stick it to the Packers just Favre did. Something about that team that players hate when they leave.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:30 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,864,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I have a feeling it's going to be Jennings. I think he wants to stick it to the Packers just Favre did. Something about that team that players hate when they leave.

Huh? Based on what?

Old 01-06-2013, 06:33 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
For a Vikings thread, they sure worry about the Packers a great deal! Totally baseless, Jennings would love to stay a Packer but knows the reality of the money/business end of the NFL. Packers draft and develop they let players go.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:47 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
For a Vikings thread, they sure worry about the Packers a great deal! Totally baseless, Jennings would love to stay a Packer but knows the reality of the money/business end of the NFL. Packers draft and develop they let players go.
The least valuable position the Packers have seems to be WR because, going back to the Holmgren/Favre years, the Pack just seems to crank out WRs from nothing. I guess playing with Favre and Rodgers helps but it seems like the Packers are always loaded at WR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football