Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2018, 08:28 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times

Advertisements

Did anyone expect them to beat the PATS?

I thought the Pats were going to murder them...and they more or less took care of business. The Vikes are an average team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 01:52 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
No offensive line and an unimaginative offensive scheme. Same old, same old.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:46 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
That was pretty ugly last night. Its a tough place to play, i get that... but geez.. muster something up. They obviously got hosed on the blocked FG.. but i had no confidence they would have scored a TD had they gotten the call and a 1st down. They were just blah on offense. regretting that cousins signing yet?

Old 12-11-2018, 06:00 AM

4,863 posts, read 6,929,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
That was pretty ugly last night. Its a tough place to play, i get that... but geez.. muster something up. They obviously got hosed on the blocked FG.. but i had no confidence they would have scored a TD had they gotten the call and a 1st down. They were just blah on offense. regretting that cousins signing yet?

I sure am. We sold the farm for a guy who's not any better than Case Keenum. In fact, I wish we still had Case. He was a person that the team could rally around.

With Seattle stuffing the run as they did, how in hell weren't passing lanes open?

Vikes are still in the hunt for a wildcard thanks to other team's ineptness. A .500 record or below appears like it might get you in. I almost hope that they don't make it so I don't have to watch any more games like last night.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:07 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,198,794 times
Quote:
Despite the offensive struggles in the first half, I was confident after the Vikings defense pressured Russell Wilson into a red zone interception seconds before halftime! Too bad Kendricks could not have made it a pick 6 TD, but job 1 is to catch the football. With some of the better Vikings teams of the past, that play would have created a strong momentum shift into the second half for both offense and defense. We only trailed 3-0 despite being seriously outplayed. That momentum shift did not happen in this game.

I was critical of Cousins on a few 3rd and short situations. On a couple of them, it appeared he could have run for the first down. I believe he will bounce back with a very good game against Miami at home next weekend. Still disappointed in his play and the offense in general. He is not worth $84 million at this point. Not even close.

Kudos to the Vikings defense, though. They totally shut down Russell Wilson's passing and got that clutch interception along with at least a couple sacks. They struggled against the run in the middle of the field, but were strong in the red zone. It is sad that the Seattle defense scored a touchdown on Cousins' fumble before the Vikings offense could finally score.

The offense should play better next Sunday, though. Let's cross our fingers. Hope they play a "Skol" game instead of an "Uff da" game.

For those that don't know, the Dolphins beat the Patriots Sunday on a 69 yard multi lateral play at the end now called the "Miracle in Miami". Remember the blowout loss we had against Philadelphia in last year's playoff game after our "Minneapolis Miracle" play to beat New Orleans. Think we could easily do to the Dolphins what Philly did to us if we start fast. The same factor is in effect. Would not surprise me at all. A miracle last second play is an obvious blessing in the game being played, but often leads to a big letdown and loss in the next game!

Last edited by chessgeek; 12-11-2018 at 06:34 AM..

Old 12-11-2018, 06:29 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
I'm a Seahawks fan, and last nights game was miserable on both side of the ball. Seattle got lucky quite a few times. I think both teams have some work to do to even make it to the playoffs.

Good luck on your next game!

Old 12-11-2018, 07:47 AM

78,420 posts, read 60,613,724 times
I can still see the Vikes making the wildcard, the Miami game is huge key.

Would help them a lot if the Bears end up with a meaningless game 16 due to where the Rams\Saints and Cowboys end up which more reasonably is probably dictated solely by the Cowboys unless the wheels really come off for the Rams\Saints which would be extremely unlikely.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:16 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
OC John DeFilippo has been fired, seeing this around the internet. What are the Vikings doing?

Old 12-11-2018, 10:44 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,090,187 times
Some of the losses earlier in the year (notably the Bills) will haunt them.

Old 12-11-2018, 01:51 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Cousins is somewhat of an enigma. I didn’t see the game, but looking at his passing stats, they were not bad. He seems to always put up some really good passing stats, but he doesn’t seem to really elevate the team. Maybe if you break down his red zone efficiency, that is where his weakness lies (or 4th qtr stats). The other thing that seems to hurt the Vikes is the running game. I thought Cook was going to be the young star RB, but maybe his injury was more serious than initially thought. He doesn’t look dynamic in the times I’ve seen him. The WRs, Theilen and Diggs are young stars. It seems like the pieces are there. I don’t watch them enough to be able to say whether Cousins is the weak link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football