Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 04:15 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Brady Quinn earned a lot of respect from me after these words.

Kansas City Chiefs QB Brady Quinn Talks about NFL Shooting - YouTube!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM

737 posts, read 1,149,194 times
He had a history of abusing women. His college knew it. The Chiefs knew it. He drank heavily and was on pain pills. These things were reported throughout the day. He is a murderer and there should have been no ceremony and no number on uniforms.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
He had a history of abusing women. His college knew it. The Chiefs knew it. He drank heavily and was on pain pills. These things were reported throughout the day. He is a murderer and there should have been no ceremony and no number on uniforms.
There was no number on the uniforms and there was no ceremony. The only "ceremony" was a moment of silence for domestic violence victims. Belcher was never mentioned.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Name one mother who has ever come out and said "my son was a violent SOB, and should be put in jail"......Even Jeffrey Daumer's mom was calling him a good guy.

And isnt this what we hear in all thes cases of a a surprise killer??

He was so nice

He so gentle
Yes, also Ted Bundy. He seemed like a nice guy.

I heard the recording of the guy that called into a radio station saying Belcher terrorized his son at school on Long Island starting at about age 12 and his family ended up moving to Florida where they had bought a retirement home to move into in the future because they were worried if they didn't, Belcher would kill their son. That was kind of the turning point in my thinking about Belcher. Here's a link to the audio Schnitt Show Caller Claims Family Brutalized By Jovan Belcher -

And then when information came out that he was out with another woman the night before the murder, that just reiterated to me that this is not a good guy. Also, he killed his girlfriend with his mother in the house, so now his mother has to live with that for the rest of her life, he left his daughter with no parents, and he killed himself in front of two coaches and the GM and they have to live with that the rest of their lives. He was thinking of himself and no one else. I also heard on the local (Kansas City) news somewhere that he said "I am not going to jail."

I was actually sympathetic toward Belcher until all this other information started coming out.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:24 AM

139 posts, read 142,135 times
I too was surprised at Brady Quinn's poise and compassion. It stepped up my opinion of him also.
There are a lot of stories out there, a lot of people who say things to get their two minutes of fame. I take it all with a grain of salt. It will take time for the complete story to come out.

The media is doing what the media does best. It is raking up a bunch of muck that may or may not be true but is most definitely grossly exaggerated. As usual its the muck getting the attention, not the other side of the story.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
49ers and Chiefs have agreed on a deal that will send Alex Smith to Kansas City, once free agency begins.

San Francisco 49ers agree to trade Alex Smith to Kansas City Chiefs -- source - ESPN

Old 02-27-2013, 01:09 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,598,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
49ers and Chiefs have agreed on a deal that will send Alex Smith to Kansas City, once free agency begins.

San Francisco 49ers agree to trade Alex Smith to Kansas City Chiefs -- source - ESPN
So much for 2013 and 2014. John Dorsey and Andy Reid have shown themselves to be in wayyy over their head. Of the QB's that were available via trade, Smith has the lowest upside, is injury prone, and has been terrible except for two years with Harbaugh.

Smith went from being released to being traded for basically a late #1 and another pick in 2014. Baalke and Harbaugh schooled us, and I can only hope that Clark Hunt steps in and vetos the agreement. He should fire Dorsey too, this guy is clueless.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:35 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
I think SF got a good deal but what was KC to do? They desperately need a solid presence at QB in a year where no other decent QB options exist in free agency or in the draft.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:29 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,598,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I think SF got a good deal but what was KC to do? They desperately need a solid presence at QB in a year where no other decent QB options exist in free agency or in the draft.
If, IF, KC was foolish enough to trade a 2nd round pick for a QB who only recently played up to expectations (is it 2009 in here, or is it just me), then Alex Smith is the last QB I would go for. The other two options would have been either Nick Foles and Matt Flynn. I would far prefer the team ahve traded for them, because at least with those two, there is still some uncertainty. Either one could end up being great. But with Alex Smith, you know what you are getting, an average QB who cannot succeed unless he is relegated to handing off the football and throwing three yard screen passes. KC gave up basically a late first round pick for a guy who would have otherwise been cut due to his salary (in spite of what Harbaugh said about keeping him). In the end, San Fran ends up fleecing KC, and we are stuck with an average quarterback to replace the average quarterback we already have, and a head coach and GM who apparantly suck at talent evaluation.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:56 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,001,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
So much for 2013 and 2014. John Dorsey and Andy Reid have shown themselves to be in wayyy over their head. Of the QB's that were available via trade, Smith has the lowest upside, is injury prone, and has been terrible except for two years with Harbaugh.

Smith went from being released to being traded for basically a late #1 and another pick in 2014. Baalke and Harbaugh schooled us, and I can only hope that Clark Hunt steps in and vetos the agreement. He should fire Dorsey too, this guy is clueless.

(Mod edit-2 sentences deleted.)Look at this track record of evaluating talent and then tell him he is clueless. Just look at the Packers roster and who on it was draft picks and tell him he is clueless. John Dorsey comes from an organization that is an entire different league than the Chiefs. He took a step down to what is one of the worst organizations in professional sports to work there. You should on your knees thanking your lucky stars that he took that job.

He isnt injury prone, he has one issue with a shoulder but hasnt missed a game due to it in 2 seasons. The games he missed in the last two seasons are because of concussions and that has nothing to do with being injury prone. He was on pace to break the single season passer rating record before his concussion.

Only a Chiefs fan that hasnt won a playoff game in nearly 20 years would complain about a trade that upgrades the most important position in the sport.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 08-06-2013 at 02:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football