Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 05:32 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times

Advertisements

https://youtu.be/kCUJ9YJsId0

Max Kellerman - was Brady lucky?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 06:26 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
https://youtu.be/kCUJ9YJsId0

Max Kellerman - was Brady lucky?
Lasergate... Chiefs should lose a number 1 draft pick and be fined several million dollars....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gym0Kyyy1Uo

Old 01-23-2019, 04:53 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,760,657 times
Well, Bob Sutton's out.
Hopefully they can find a better fit for dc.
Defense is really the biggest reason the Chiefs lost a single game this year. The offense always scored plenty of points to win games. Kareem Hunt may have been worth an extra win or two, but the offense can really asked to do so much week after week before it catches up with them.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:51 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

I never said he has no future. My pessimism about this is simply seeing too many "changing of the guard" QBs flaming out after a season or two. Maybe he'll be different.
Will flaming out be throwing 30 TDs instead of 50?

Old 01-23-2019, 09:54 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Lasergate... Chiefs should lose a number 1 draft pick and be fined several million dollars....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gym0Kyyy1Uo
I think you're joking maybe but come on, you can't hold a franchise and team responsible for stupid fans. We already have laws on the books for this sort of thing outside of football should this fan be tracked down.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:48 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,230,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I think you're joking maybe but come on, you can't hold a franchise and team responsible for stupid fans. We already have laws on the books for this sort of thing outside of football should this fan be tracked down.
I was joking, initially, but Michael McCann who is a lawyer and writes about the NFL and rules says it is possible...

Teams are absolutely responsible for their fans which is why you see coaches go nuts when fans throw snowballs on the field, the home team can be assessed penalties for that behavior.....15 yards at a time...

"The NFL repeatedly pledges to ensure that the presentation and design of games do not cause unfair advantage or unfair disadvantage. With that same spirit in mind, the league could inform teams that they must more aggressively monitor use of laser technology by spectators. A failure to do so could trigger punishments of fines or losses of draft picks."
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/22/nf...owhead-stadium

Old 01-24-2019, 09:10 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I couldn't help noticing the difference between the two QBs when the cameras caught them on the sidelines that perfectly illustrates the difference between them. Aside from Brady's no tissue nose blows, he would be going over strategy with Josh McDaniels while sitting on the bench. Mahomes just sat on the bench looking around like a little kid.

One is a legendary field general who will be remembered as the greatest ever, the other will probably be just another flashy kid who was good for a couple of years but who will be forgotten after he departs the game.
Mahomes is a rookie while Brady has had more experience in the playoff than any QB ever. Mahomes will get better (particularly in avoiding sacks) and as he has more experience will have more input on strategy.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:56 AM

78,427 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I was joking, initially, but Michael McCann who is a lawyer and writes about the NFL and rules says it is possible...

Teams are absolutely responsible for their fans which is why you see coaches go nuts when fans throw snowballs on the field, the home team can be assessed penalties for that behavior.....15 yards at a time...

"The NFL repeatedly pledges to ensure that the presentation and design of games do not cause unfair advantage or unfair disadvantage. With that same spirit in mind, the league could inform teams that they must more aggressively monitor use of laser technology by spectators. A failure to do so could trigger punishments of fines or losses of draft picks."
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/22/nf...owhead-stadium
*could* being the operative word.

After all, it was the actions of a fan....it's not like the organization got caught with staff aiming laser pointers or throwing snowballs. I mean let's face, there isn't an organization in the NFL with so little class that they would stoop so low.

Heck, if that happened then they'd probably have to claim that they had "no idea" and that the staff member engaged in the cheating acted solely on their own.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I remember that one idiot that chucked a snowball that almost hit the Chargers punter.

Imagine being that doofus, move the snowball 2 feet and have it hit the punter mid-kick instead.

15yard penalty, imagine it ends up being the difference maker?

Would likely have to leave town and maybe even change his name (not joking here, even if I think such fan-aticism is stupid).

Old 01-26-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
*could* being the operative word.

After all, it was the actions of a fan....it's not like the organization got caught with staff aiming laser pointers or throwing snowballs. I mean let's face, there isn't an organization in the NFL with so little class that they would stoop so low.

Heck, if that happened then they'd probably have to claim that they had "no idea" and that the staff member engaged in the cheating acted solely on their own.
I'm glad at least some of the posters here *got* my tongue in cheek response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football