Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 10:50 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Highlight o'the week. SMASH!! I love AD!!!!

YouTube - Adrian Peterson runs over William Gay

Watched the Mn-PTS game on nfl network replay tonight just to see Peterson "Truck" that little feller again a couple times. You know how AD tends to get better in the 2nd-half? Well the 2nd-half of the season starts for AD this Sunday at about 3:16 and them little fellers on the Green Bay side of the ball are about to get "Trucked"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 06:09 AM

22,595 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
American Cancer Society :: Information and Resources for Cancer: Breast, Colon, Prostate, Lung and Other Forms At the American Cancer Society they only have PDF's with all their figures.

I just refered back to an article that I was reading earlier today. I read it this morning and then refered back to it before posting. I read it WRONG twice!

Deaths from breast cancer are about 40-45,000 for women and 30ish thousand for men. That's per year for the last 8 years.
I thought that was more the case.
Thanks for the link!

Old 10-28-2009, 08:17 AM

The "System" (10 - 3 last week, 68.3% ytd) projects the following for Week 8...

DLS > SEA
BF > HS (only upset this week)
PHL > NYG
NYJ > MIA
DT > STL (spread u/a; waiting on Stafford status?)
IND > SF
CHI > CLV
BLT > DNV
JAX > TN
SD > OAK
GB > MN
AZ > CAR
NO > ATL

what say ye?

Last edited by Ghengis; 10-28-2009 at 09:20 AM..

Old 10-29-2009, 12:15 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post

DLS > SEA
PHL > NYG
NYJ > MIA
IND > SF
CHI > CLV
BLT > DNV
JAX > TN
SD > OAK
GB > MN
AZ > CAR
NO > ATL

what say ye?
You know half of your team abbreviations are wrong, right? For instance, Baltimore is "BAL" and Denver is "DEN".

Don't mean to nitpick, but it sucks having to decipher your posts.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You know half of your team abbreviations are wrong, right? For instance, Baltimore is "BAL" and Denver is "DEN".

Don't mean to nitpick, but it sucks having to decipher your posts.
Those would be the scientific abbreviations used by the technology community over the last 1,500 years (I'm practically a scientist).

Old 10-29-2009, 05:54 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Week 8 Predictions:

Buffalo over Houston - Breakin' .500 going into the bye week.
Chicago over Cleve - After last week, Lovie won't be loved if this one goes south.
Dallas over Seattle - Which Seattle team will come to play today?
Detroit over Rams - God help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Denver over Balt - Should be a knock down-drag out game.
Indy over Niners - Can the colts be stopped?
Miami over Jets - Which Fins will we see? The ones who played the 1st half last week, or the 2nd half?
Giants over Phili - May be the game of the week.
Tenn over Jack - See "Detroit over Rams" comment.
Sand Dog over Oaktown - Al Davis needs to change his soiled Depends.
Arizona over Carolina - Will this be the week of the Delhomme benching?
Minn over G.B. - Peterson is a frickin' STUD.
N.O. over Atlanta - Atlanta is a good team. But not THAT good.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:04 PM

The System's eyes were bigger than it's stomach last week, bit off more than it could chew and went 3 - 5 for the 8 picks vs. spread last week (8 - 8 ytd).

this week's games' best bets...

Jacksonville + 3 1/2
(vs Tennessee)
Detroit - 4 (vs. St Louis)
Buffalo + 3 1/2 (vs. Houston)
Seattle + 9 1/2 (vs. Dallas)
New York Jets -3 1/2 (vs. Miami)
Philadelphia + 1 (vs New York Giants)

Old 10-30-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:

DLS > SEA
PHL > NYG
NYJ > MIA
IND > SF
CHI > CLV
BLT > DNV
JAX > TN
SD > OAK
GB > MN
AZ > CAR
NO > ATL

what say ye?
Please forgive my ignorance. I'm not a gambler. But you seem to take your "system" seriously, like a business. That's totally cool, I'm just looking for consistency with your picks. Correct me if I am wrong, but your "systems" most current post info differs from what you have listed here.

So what is it?

Is Jacksonville favored or not? JAX > TN
How about Buffalo? (Only upset of the week) BF > HS
Philadelphia??? PHL > NYG

I do it for fun. You seem to run a business. I just want to make sure I understand how your "system" works.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Please forgive my ignorance. I'm not a gambler. But you seem to take your "system" seriously, like a business. That's totally cool, I'm just looking for consistency with your picks. Correct me if I am wrong, but your "systems" most current post info differs from what you have listed here.

So what is it?

Is Jacksonville favored or not? JAX > TN
How about Buffalo? (Only upset of the week) BF > HS
Philadelphia??? PHL > NYG

I do it for fun. You seem to run a business. I just want to make sure I understand how your "system" works.
LOL, not serious, nor a "business". Although the methodology for picking the games is quite inflexible ((Own Pts For + Opp Pts Against/Tot Games) + 3 for home team). Forget where I saw this, but it was many years ago and I have found it to be quite accurate (relatively speaking).

If I understand your question correctly...The spread I think was incomplete when I first posted the 13 winners (straight up) earlier in the week and some of the games were still "off" the line and I took a guess on who would be favored. I knew Phl/NYG would be close and TS actually had Jacksonville winning by more than 4 pts. As it turned out, I am taking three under-dogs like you have noticed. Does that answer your question?

Last edited by Ghengis; 10-31-2009 at 04:10 AM..

Old 10-31-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
LOL, not serious, nor a "business". Although the methodology for picking the games is quite inflexible ((Own Pts For + Opp Pts Against/Tot Games) + 3 for home team). Forget where I saw this, but it was many years ago and I have found it to be quite accurate (relatively speaking).

If I understand your question correctly...The spread I think was incomplete when I first posted the 13 winners (straight up) earlier in the week and some of the games were still "off" the line and I took a guess on who would be favored. I knew Phl/NYG would be close and TS actually had Jacksonville winning by more than 4 pts. As it turned out, I am taking three under-dogs like you have noticed. Does that answer your question?
Gotcha. I figured the first post that was straight up was just preliminary. I just wanted to make sure though, as we discussed earlier that lines change as the week goes by.

Before, you said that the "system" spits on the line. According to your post, the "system" seems to adjust to better match the spread as the week progresses. And we all know that two of the main factors that determine the spread is the injury report and coaching personnel decisions that develop through the week. This is why I said putting out picks on a Monday was ballsy.

The spread assists me when I'm picking games, but I also often go on whims and desired outcomes as well. That's why I wait 'til Thursday to put up my picks. The "system" is still point based, just on varying criteria. As far back as I remember, home teams got a 3 point advantage like you said. As for me, I believe that any team can win on any given Sunday.

With the exception of some weeks, like last week, most spreads are not met close to 60% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football