Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,012,983 times

Advertisements

Favorite: CLEVELAND BROWNS!

Least Favorite: DEFINITELY THE STEELERS! I can't think of any team in all of sports that I despise more! The Bengals and Ravens also get honorable mentions in this department.

Least Favorite Non-Division: Hmmm tough one here. I'd say Oakland, or Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 09:49 PM

484 posts, read 470,108 times
Favorite(s): Cincinnati Bengals and Chicago Bears. I have a tough time picking one over the other.
Least favorite/non-divisional: Houston Texans

That was a hard decision. No other team comes close to my hatred of the Packers, not even the Steelers. The Texans twice beat the Bengals in the playoffs and I had to hear about it from my relatives in Houston, so they get the prize here.

Old 05-24-2020, 02:19 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,053,661 times
Someone, who has 2 favorite teams, has NO favorite teams.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:54 AM

14,333 posts, read 14,655,935 times

A tad extreme! I follow football because I really like it, know quite a bit about more than several teams. Packer fan but I like other teams, too. The original, older franchises, Eagles, Giants, Steelers and I always watch Bears & Lions, too.

I never understand fans talking bad about teams, even hate, seriously? Hate over sports, for one thing hate is a strong word, I don't really hate anything.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:10 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,053,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post

A tad extreme! I follow football because I really like it, know quite a bit about more than several teams. Packer fan but I like other teams, too. The original, older franchises, Eagles, Giants, Steelers and I always watch Bears & Lions, too.

I never understand fans talking bad about teams, even hate, seriously? Hate over sports, for one thing hate is a strong word, I don't really hate anything.
It might be a tad extreme but it IS accurate.
Eagles fans HAVE TO hate the "boys" from Dallas. It's in our blood. No self-respecting Eagles fan father would EVER allow his child to "accept" them.
Watching a team and being a fan of that team are two different things.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:51 AM

3,754 posts, read 2,587,100 times
I've really disliked the Pete Carroll' Seahawks.
And it's disappointing, cuz I liked the old blue & silver era Seattle teams. Largent is still one of my favorite players..

Old 05-25-2020, 07:01 AM

2,239 posts, read 1,133,510 times
Pats & Eagles

Teams I hate Redskins and Bills
Team I like NONE

Old 05-25-2020, 10:55 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,633,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Pats & Eagles

Teams I hate Redskins and Bills
Team I like NONE
Why do you hate the Bills?

Old 05-25-2020, 11:02 AM

255 posts, read 69,975 times
I've been a Rams fan since the mid-sixties having been born and raised in LA, and my least favorite team would have to be the Cowboys since their brain-dead owner has ruined what used to be a storied franchise.

Old 05-25-2020, 11:37 AM

7,606 posts, read 6,110,858 times
I mentioned once to my former neighbor and FINZ FAN that I was wearing Steelers houseshoes, because it was Father's Day, the kids wanted to get me something, and they did not have Dolphin's Houseshoes, but they did have Steelers. My youngest son explained that and said that they chose the Steelers because
"The Steelers are your second favorite team, daddy"
Of course my neighbor says
"I don't have a second favorite team. "
I have a list
MY FINZ, Steelers, Saints, Pesky Red Birds RAIDERS COLTS SUSAN's PACKERS

Least Favorite
EVIL PATRIOTS, Bill's BUFFALOES, The HOMELESS CHargers, ,Anyone in the AFC South not sporting a horseshoe, COWBOYS BEARS BRONCOS

Now a word about teams and tradition. My best friend in Texas is a Cowboys fan. While I am not a football expert, like say Double H or Bill, or _____(insert your screen name here) I do get a lot of info first hand from Cowboy fans, which makes it sometimes seem like I know more about the Cowboys in detail than other teams.
As for the Broncos, I love the city of Denver, just not that team. Likewise, Miami is one of the worst places to live or visit for longer than it takes to get to the cruise port, but I love my FINZ New England in general is another one of my favorite parts of the country. Chicago I could not care less about, the city or the team. I have never been to Pittsburgh. BUT The Pirates spring train here in Florida and are our favorite MLB team.

SO, in other words, no logic or reason as to who I like or do not like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football