Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 12:13 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Frigidaire 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I finally broke down and bought a window air conditioner for my bedroom this year. It has been one of the hottest summers for quite a few years and I was finding it difficult to sleep. I only wanted it for our bedroom as the rest of the house is an open space. I thought it would be too difficult to cool such a large open space. As a result, I found the Frigidaire - 6,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner. Turns out, this was a very good buy for me. The air conditioner cost a little over $160.00 and it has worked like a charm keeping the room cool even on the most hot and humid days of the summer.

It comes with a remote which makes it so much easier to adjust the cooling effect during the night. If we found it getting too cool or too hot, we simply picked up the remote and made the necessary adjustment, all without having to get out of bed. This model of air conditioner has a cooling capacity for rooms that are approximately 216 square feet. It has three cool settings and three fan speeds. There is a light that lights up when the filter needs to be changed. If you would like, you can even use the 24-hour timer to set the length of time that the air conditioner will remain on for; this is great for conserving energy. It is very easy to install in a window. It is not noisy therefore my sleep was never disturbed. I found that I quickly got used to the minimal amount of noise that it does make, and did not have to turn the television louder in order to hear it over the air conditioner.

In the short time that I have used this air conditioner, I have not found anything that I don't like about it. It has done a great job keeping the bedroom cool this summer and I look forward to having a number of "cool" summers to come. It is an excellent air conditioner for the price.

I will definitely consider purchasing another of the same model next summer to put in some of the other rooms in my house.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews