Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

NewAir AW-180E Thermoelectric Wine Cooler With Touch Screen

newair-aw-180e-thermoelectric-wine-cooler-with-touch photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I bought this wine cellar to replace an awful, cheaper one I purchased before for my catering company. I needed a small wine cellar to keep wine for potential clients during consultations. I just wanted something small, simple, attractive, and something that works well. This product fit those needs.

Unlike some people, I did not want to buy a wine cellar because they look cool in a kitchen. The bright colored lights and the flashiness of some units simple do not matter to me. I just wanted something that worked and wasn't ugly. First of all, it is really small, just over two feet tall. It's extremely unobtrusive which is important because I have limited space.

A problem arrises when you try to fit eighteen bottles in the fridge. Only eighteen of the slender wine bottles will fit. Luckily, my company serves a local wine which is bottled in long, thin bottles. If we were trying to fit regular wines, like Burgundy or a Champagne, there is no chance I could get anything like eighteen bottles in. For my purposes it works, but beware that the marketing does not account for all most standard sizes of wine bottles.

Though it's not as silent as advertised, it's by no means loud. It hums quietly as it maintains the temperature, then gets slightly louder when the door is opened frequently, just like a full-sized refrigerator.

However, the fridge cools every well. I set it to a lower temp to get ready to chill some whites. Within two hours the fridge was the correct temperature (I checked it with a thermometer against the digital display and, miraculously, the reads were within two degrees). I've owned the unit for over two and half years, and it has worked perfectly the entire time. Bottles are always the right temperature and the wine cellar is the one thing in the office that I never have tow worry about.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews