Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2011, 05:19 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Saturn ION 2 - 2007

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I have owned my Saturn ION 2 for 3.5 years and I have really enjoyed it. It gets approximately 30 miles per gallon on average and has had no mechanical problems as of yet and has just under 50,000 miles. The engine runs very quietly, the alignment has remained perfect, and I have yet to change my brakes and they are still in good working condition. There are dash lights that warn me when my fuel is low, oil is low, traction is low, and an oil life indicator. All of these lights are very helpful, especially for an absentminded person such as myself who will constantly forget to check oil, or even glance at the fuel gage. I have also found that the doors and side panels are extremely dent-resistant, which is amazing because people have opened their doors into mine, or a rogue shopping cart has hit my doors, more times than I can say.

At first it seemed weird that the speedometer and he rest of the gauges are in the center of the dash but it only took a few days to get used to and after that I found it nice to have it off to the side.

My Saturn was a very reasonable price in comparison to the competition. The basic models started at around $14,000 brand new. Mine was fully loaded with power doors and windows, sunroof, and spoiler and had an extended warranty and I spent roughly $19,000.

The stock features of my ION included CD player, 3 months of XM satellite radio, one year of OnStar, and an iPod jack. There is also a rear trunk release and rear access to the car battery. I really like that the included features make my daily use of the car very convenient. I am glad I purchased this car, it has been very reliable and enjoyable.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews