Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 02:03 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Holmes HFH111T-U Heater Fan with Comfort-Control Thermostat

holmes-hfh111t-u-heater-fan-with-comfort-control-thermostat photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Holmes Heater Fan is unbeatable if you're looking for an inexpensive electric heater for a small space. I own two of these. You just plug it in, turn it to the setting you want (fan, low, high), set the thermostat and forget it. I take one of them with me from room to room in the winter to save money on the heating bill. The second one I bought to heat a small bedroom I keep my pet reptiles in.

The thermostat doesn't have actual temperatures marked on it. It's basically a dial that goes from low to high. You just tweak it until you find the spot on the dial that equates to the temperature you are looking for. I keep the one in the reptile room at around 85f, which this heater maintains with the dial turned about 1/3 of the way up. Of course factors like ambient temperature, speed of heat loss, and size of room may affect how high you have to set your heater to maintain the same temperature. I will say the high settings for this Holmes Heater Fan are HOT. I've never had to go more than halfway up the dial.

I have had this space heater running non-stop for the past 13 months in the reptile room with no problems whatsoever. It will cycle on and off by itself as it reaches the temperature at which you set the thermostat. I have no qualms about leaving it unsupervised. It will shut itself off it is knocked over, so there's very little concern of it starting a fire.

I don't have any complaints with this $20.00 space heater, but feel I should mention that it is rather loud. When I plug it in next to my couch in the winter, I have to turn the TV up. It doesn't bother me, but it is noticeable. I actually find the humming sound it emits to be soothing when I plug it in next to my bed at night. Even if that is a concern, the pros far outweigh the cons. It is affordable, small, electric, safe, and reliable.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 06:52 PM

11 posts, read 18,467 times
Default holmes heater

i bought this same xact heater for bout 15$ few years back. We had bought an expensive one befor it that made lots of noise and didnt heat near as good....we saw the holmes again the following year for only $10 , think it was just befor winter was starting , so we picked up another. We had also later bought two different model holmes heaters than this for the shop. Wish we had bot more of these instead , but they didnt hav it anymore. Funny , found your thread just googling for the BTU's on this little sucker. We just bought a Pro Flow 4000 watt 220V heater for the shop for $149. Pluged it in , felt the warmth , looked at each and said , two of those little holmes heaters would be as good as this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews