Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 04:55 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Eureka Family 20-Foot by 10-Foot 8 to 12 Person Three-Room Condo Tent

eureka-family-20-foot-by-10-foot-8-to-12-person-three photo
Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I was a little perturbed when my husband paid over five hundred dollars for a tent this past summer. He was sold because the tent accommodated up to twelve people under one nylon roof. He quickly explained the features--most of which really aren't extraordinary.

Called the Eureka Family Condo tent, this unit does have some upgraded benefits. The design includes three doors and ten windows which provides good ventilation. The tent also comes with storm panels which can offer an added security benefit in bad weather, particularly storms. However, this is not a tent I'd want to use in rainy weather. I consider the lack of an overhang a great flaw in this model since there tends to be a steady water drip, or stream, because of the tent's shape. We always made a mad dash to rush beyond the flaps during storms and even then the gushing water presented a few problems, splashing straight inside the tent.

I like the added space and particularly enjoy the interior changing room but unless I'm traveling with a large group, it's really not worth the trouble. The poles aren't sturdy and we're always trying to figure out a way to secure them whenever we pitch this tent. Additionally, the bulky nature of the condo tent makes the product difficult to assemble. I would rather have five or six easy to pitch tents and split everyone up than have one massive condo tent that takes well over an hour to assemble.

I can't say I'd recommend this product to anyone. While the quality is there and I imagine it will hold up for years to come, there are too many other things I'd rather have outside of added space. I dread the first few hours of a camping trip when we take this tent because I'm stuck trying to assemble a bulky object. For the money, there are better camping options.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews