Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 01:46 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

2009 Ford Focus

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I encountered this vehicle as a loaner car that my repair shop offered me when my standard ride had to see some overnight maintenance work. I dreaded to hear the word 'loaner' bandied about and thought I'd be stuck with a junker for the several days. Furthermore, I was also due to go on a mini road trip across the state and I needed a vehicle that would get me there in one piece.
Thankfully the mechanic rolled around the corner in this car. I've never given Fords a chance because of their so-so reputation but I was eager to give this a try. The exterior was surprisingly stylish for such a utilitarian themed car. Its frame was sleek and in no way did it seem to convey the image of the four door sedan workhorse.
Driving the vehicle was also an experience. The 2009 Ford Focus had great handling and a really smooth and quiet ride. I may be over emphasizing the smooth and quiet ride but I had my own car brought in for some work on its struts so I really picked up on the difference between the two.
The car also had a good deal of pep for a standard sedan. Acceleration was good and its ease at reaching a good cruising speed paid off when my road trip was underway. The mechanics were nice enough to lend me this vehicle for over a week because not only was I going out of town but in the course of their repairs they damaged a part on my own car and needed time to track down a replacement.
The interior was also very comfortable and the dashboard displays were very clear and luminescent, giving the impression I really was driving a car hailing from the 21st century.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews