Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 02:55 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

Honeywell HFD-120-Q Tower Quiet Air Purifier with Permanent IFD Filter

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I have owned many air purifiers over the years and I always seem to throw them away for the same reason every time being that I can never conveniently find the filters that I need to replace the dirty ones. Sure, you find a proper filter once in awhile that costs a ridiculous amount of money or you can order them if you have the time but I always feel like air filters are more trouble than what they are worth. Then, I stumbled across the Honeywell HFD-120-Q Tower Air Purifier with a permanent filter. A permanent filter? I didn't even think twice about paying $149.99 for it, if I didn't have to buy replacement filters this thing would more than pay for itself.

I somewhat set myself up for disappointment driving home with it. I thought perhaps I was too excited about it and that it would not work up to my expectations but I was completely wrong. I absolutely love this air purifier. First, it looks fabulous in my living room. It says it cleans a medium-sized room but my room is quite large and it does a fine job. I have it placed in a high traffic area where the dogs come running through after being outside and shake their hair and dander and it seems just to eat it right up. I literally no longer have that embarrassing cloud of floating particles that you generally see when the sun shines through the window. I do vacuum my house everyday because of the animals but this air purifier has brought clean to a whole new level in my living room and I don't have to dust nearly as often.

This air purifier is just under 29 inches tall and weighs 13 pounds. It oscillates, has an ionizer and the fan has three speeds. It is extremely quiet on all three levels and when ran on high, it doubles as a fan, except that it is blowing clean air around. The best feature on this is the permanent washable filter. The electronic filter check feature tells you when it's time to clean it and I usually just take it out and soak it for a bit and then go rinse it off. I could not be more pleased with this air purifier. If I could change one thing I would make the cord with the plug a little longer but other than that, it is perfect. If you have pets, allergies, smoke or just want a cleaner smelling and looking home, I would highly recommend this unit.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews