Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 10:42 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

ProForm Power 990 treadmill

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The ProForm Power 990 treadmill has been a godsend to my workout routine. With this treadmill in my garage, there's simply no excuse for not working out. This is the first treadmill I have ever owned and it certainly has set the bar high for me.

Let's talk about how it looks. Having not been into working out much before, I was immediately impressed by this device. It has a very uniform design and color that extends up onto the loaded control panel. I was a bit intimidated by the control panel at first because of all the different options, but after some tinkering I got the hang of it. It has all the standard stuff of a high-end treadmill: multiple incline positions which you can change on the fly while running (including multiple presets which allows you to vary your routine over the course of your run), the ability to monitor you speed in intervals of .1 to 1 mph (up to 10 mph maximum), and a heart rate and calorie monitor (fat and standard calories).

The other great thing this treadmill features is the iFit system. This treadmill actually has an Ethernet hook up in the back where you can hook up a flash drive or whatnot. With this you can download workouts from iFit.com and upload them to your treadmill for more structured workouts. I admittedly haven't used this feature yet, but it certainly is intriguing.

All in all, I really have nothing bad to say about this treadmill. It is a high-end treadmill, so look to spend at least $800-$900 dollars on it if you're lucky. This is a great treadmill for people that want structured workouts but don't necessarily want to have to go to a gym and a personal trainer. 5 out of 5 stars.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews