Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 05:05 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,614,060 times

Advertisements

Goldstar GWHD6500R Window Air Conditioner

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I purchased this window air conditioning unit to cool an upstairs nursery, and I have been impressed since day one with this unit. For how powerful this unit is, it is relatively light and easy for one stronger person to install. It requires no extra brackets or sleeves to be attached to the outside of your home. It is attractive and modern looking, not like stereotypical window air conditioning units. It fits in the window space well and operates quietly relative to other window air conditioners.

This air conditioner does an excellent job of cooling the room. Not only does it keep my child's room cool and comfortable, but I can also run it with the bedroom door open to help make the rest of the second floor more comfortable. It cuts the humidity down and cools the air well. It is extremely easy to operate, with a practical remote control, easy to use keypad, and clear digital display. The directional air vents help move the output where you prefer it, which is especially nice if you are near the unit and don't want cool air blasting right on you. The Energy Saver feature alternates between conditioning the air and just circulating it, which cuts down on operating cost. There are three modes to choose from: Dry, Fan, and Cool. The Dry mode does a good job of removing moisture from the air, and the Fan mode circulates the air only. The temperature setting allows you to select a preferred temperature, and the unit will turn on and off as needed to maintain that temperature. The Timer setting allows you to set up the unit to run for a selected length of time up to 12 hours. There are also two fan speeds to choose from.

I am extremely pleased with this air conditioner. It is reliable and keeps the room very comfortable. It is the perfect balance of power and ease of use. This unit is extremely suited to a bedroom, especially a child's room. You can count on it to keep the room at the "just right" temperature throughout the night, and the remote enables you to operate the unit while your child is sleeping at night without even completely entering the room.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 10:12 AM

23 posts, read 52,828 times
We picked up one of these Gold Star window units last summer. While it worked really well all last summer, we are having issues with it right now. We pulled it out of the garage to install it for summer, we can't get it to start. I'm wondering if it is a capacitor issue. The problem is that we only ran it for 3-4 months last year. I'm going to call in a tech to see if they can figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews