Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 01:32 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Makita UC4020A Electric Chainsaw

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

As a a DIY enthusiast, I have a garage full of power tools and I have found that the company Makita are probably about the most reliable in comparison to all the competitors, for the majority of my needs.* For that reason I contacted them when I was looking to purchase an electric chainsaw.* I perused their catalogue - which to my shame and wife's annoyance, is often my bed time reading - and I found their UC4020A chainsaw to be just what I was after.*
Its weight was fine at 3.7kg and the bar length of 40cm was ideal.* It came with a chain protection cover which is always nice to see, from a safety point of view.* I have a local distributor who is able to get hold of all the tools I need, so he is always pleased to hear from me.*
Makita have never let me down and they certainly came up trumps with this piece of equipment.* It is a beast of a machine, able to meet all my needs with very little effort and able to give really tidy cuts, unlike some who leave areas looking savaged.* Their power tools have been around since 1915, but the UC4020A is a relatively new item, but is certainly one I would recommend. *
It has a very useful feature which is only available on this version and that is the tool-less blade change, a terrific advancement, both in terms of time and safety.* Whilst I am just an enthusiast when it comes to DIY, this saw is undoubtedly one which could easily be used by a professional for all sorts of necessities.*
The environmentally friendly McCulloch M738 is possibly gets the closest when comparing with others, but only has a bar length of 35mm and would cost $30 more than Makita's asking price of $220.* This cracking bit of kit is as good a purchase as I have made on the tools side of things and has pride of place amongst my collection.

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews