Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 03:23 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Toastmaster 6-speed Hand Mixer - Model #1778

toastmaster-6-speed-hand-mixer-model-1778 photo
Rating: 2 out of 5
  • Currently 2.0/5.0

Stay away from this Toastmaster mixer. This hand mixer is about what you expect to get from your average cheap hand mixer. It has a 6-speed heavy-duty motor, chrome-plated beater, a comfort-grip handle and storage for the cord.

The cord storage is useless. You have to fight with the mixer and cord just to get it in so I would rather just wrap the cord around the mixer and put it away. The first few times I used the mixer I really liked it. I was using it to make easy things like a cake or brownies. I liked the different speed settings and the spiral beaters. They are good for making dough or cookies because the thick batter does not get wedged in-between the beaters. But once I started using it more often and using it to make more involved things I was not as pleased with it.

I noticed the harder the mixer had to work (I was using it for the normal things you would use a mixer for- Sugar cookies, cheese cakes) the more it was starting to make a screaming noise from the motor and giving off a burning smell. It now seems to run slow even on a high speed. I think this mixer is made with cheap material and needs to be discontinued.

I now only use it to make simple things that this cheap mixer can handle. I plan on giving this mixer to the landfill and getting a nice mixer bowl to replace it as soon as I can. I would have to suggest you buy this mixer only if you need it to bake cakes and do occasional mashed potatoes. But other than that I recommend that you spring for a better quality mixer.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews