Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Toastmaster Hand Mixer

toastmaster-hand-mixer photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I have a Toastmaster Hand Mixer that is a few years old but is very similar to the Toastmaster 1778 Hand Mixer. Although I don't do a lot of baking, I do use the mixer a fair amount. It has been working great since the day I bought it and continues to do so.

It is lightweight at approximately 2 pounds, and is very easy to use with one hand. It has 200 watts of power. The speed control is easy to reach with your thumb. It works very well when used with either liquids or batter although it works a little sluggish if the substance is thick. but this is common with all hand mixers. The beaters are chrome-plated and can be cleaned in the dishwasher. The handle is very comfortable for long mixing jobs. The mixer does all the work; there is no need to put pressure on it to make it mix thoroughly. There is also a handy way to store the cord rather than have it one tangled mess in your cupboard. A one-year warranty comes with hand mixer when purchased new.

Like most hand mixers, when mixing up liquids it tends to splash the liquid everywhere. For this reason, I prefer to use my blender to mix liquids, or I use a very deep mixing bowl. On my Toastmaster hand mixer model, the quick release button is on located on the speed control button. I need to be careful not to push down on the speed control to hard as it could release the beaters, but I do have to say that this has not happened to me in all the times that I have use my mixer. You would need to push down quite hard for this to happen while in use. Don't use the mixer with thick substances or you will put too much strain on the motor and possibly burn it out.

The price for the newer version of the mixer I have ranges from $8.50 and up.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews