Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Hamilton Beach Brew Station 47374 10-Cup Coffee Maker

hamilton-beach-brew-station-47374-10-cup-coffee-maker photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I've learned a couple of things about coffee makers since purchasing the Brew Station from Hamilton Beach. The first is you don't need to spend a lot of money to get a good cup of coffee. This model costs around $37 at Kmart or Walmart, but it delivers quality results consistently.

One of the things I always hated about coffee makers was how the coffee might be different from one day to the next. No matter how I tried to use the same amount of water and coffee, I could never get consistent results. With the Brew Station 47374, I'm never disappointed unless I try a different brand of coffee that just doesn't meet my quality standards.

One of the best features of this coffee maker is that it has no heating plate or pot. Pots have a tendency to leak, and if the coffee sits on the hot plate for very long, it develops a funny taste. Glass pots are also very easy to break. Since the coffee brews and remains inside the unit, it is warmed with controlled heat to keep the beverage fresher longer.

It's also nice to be able to one-hand a cup of coffee by just pushing the mug against the dispenser. I've noticed a lot less coffee spillage from the Brew Station than the older more antiquated coffee makers.

There are two disadvantages to the Hamilton Beach model 47374. The unit is big and under most cabinets, it is impossible to pour the water in the top without sliding the unit out from under the wall cabinets. It takes up more room for this reason.

Some people have these super tall mugs for their coffee, and these will not fit under the spout on this brewer.

Aside from those minor inconveniences, this is a coffee maker you will probably stay with for many years to come. It really makes a great cup of coffee, especially when you grind your own beans fresh each morning.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews