Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 05:06 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,598,864 times

Advertisements

Frigidare Gallery Ultra Quiet Dishwasher, Model Number: GLDB653AS2

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

The Frigidare Gallery Ultra Quiet Dishwasher I purchased is an Energy Star model. It has a wide set of features, including the following: a rinse hold feature, with a delay start set in hours, four wash settings -- pots and pans, heavy wash, normal wash, and light wash, and the ability to select or turn off hi-temp wash, rinse or dry options. I probably run my dishwasher on normal wash about 75% or more of the time, but it's nice to have a full set of options.
This model features a 1.1A, 120V, 0Hz motor. It is relatively quiet for a dishwasher, but powerful enough to do the job. This is a fairly compact model, which I selected because of space constraints in my kitchen. But all my dishes, pots, and pans are able to easily fit into its interior.
My dishes, glasses, pots, pans, and utensils usually come out quite clean. I have noticed problems with egg residue on plastic cooking plates I use in the microwave, but otherwise, everything looks clean. The machine is quite simple to operate and gets the job done. You're not really looking for a whole lot more than that in a dishwasher.
Because it is an Energy Star unit, I feel like I'm both saving a few pennies and helping the environnment when I use this dishwasher. It has been a very dependable appliance to own. In seven years of operations, the only time I've ever had a problem with it was when my housekeeper accidentally put sink dishwashing liquid in by mistake, and it filled up with foam that spilled into the floor. Once I cleaned it up, it was fine.
I would give it a five only if it had a 100% record for getting everything clean, but it's pretty close, so overall, I am satisfied with this model and could recommend it to others.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews