Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,609,472 times

Advertisements

Weber 22.5 inch One-Touch silver 741001 Grill

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

Wanting to find out what all the fuss was regarding smoking meat over a charcoal grill, I bought the Weber 22.5" One-Touch Silver 741001 Grill. It wasn't until afterward that I found out that this was the grill that made Weber thename among outdoor grills. But I did quickly find out why.

The grill was a bit difficult to set up but it had everything that I was looking for in a smoker. It has one rack, which is quite wide and under that lays the charcoal that will produce the delicious smoke. There is a vent on top that will let the smoke out while your food is cooking, and which can be closed to extinguish the smoke once you're done. There's also a vent on the bottom of the grill which serves the same purposes. It took me a couple of times cooking on the grill though to realize that you have to clean out the bottom vents, as they become clogged with ash and then the proper amount of heat and smoke are not produced. There is though an ash collector that will catch any ashes you clean out, so they don't end up all of your deck or patio.

One problem that I do consistently find with this Weber smoker is that it doesn't seem to distribute the heat quite evenly. The food in the middle and near the vents always gets cooked much faster than the food on the rest of the grill. This results in the frustrating problem all grillers have, of trying to constantly rearrange the food on the grill so that it gets cooked evenly. This can then result in food that becomes stuck and ripped on the grill; or too well done or underdone. It doesn't seem to matter how I rearrange the coals, or how much lighter fluid I use on the different areas of the charcoal. I always have this same problem with this smoker.

That is the only complaint I have with the grill and the smoke really does give everything cooked on it a much more authentic "grill" taste. And, using this smoker is just plain fun! It came at a great price too, at $89.99, which is considerably less than other outdoor smokers.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews