Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 02:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,604,457 times

Advertisements

Maytag 45-pint Dehumidifier M7DH45B2A

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I bought this dehumidifier five years ago when I lived in my old house that had a very damp and drafty basement. I always needed to get moisture out of the air because it caused mould and mildew buildup and was a general nuisance. I found the Maytag 45-pint Dehumidifier M7DH45B2A. I've since moved into a home with a basement that's just as cozy as the rest of the house, but I still use my dehumidifier when condensation needs to be removed from the windows, or I just find it very damp in our bedroom.

There were a couple of things that I liked about this dehumidifier right away. The first was that the feature buttons were right on top so I didn't have to break my back trying to reach them. The features are many, including a "Full Bucket" indicator and a pause button. The pause button will let you turn the dehumidifier off for an hour if it's becoming too noisy in the room, and will turn it back on automatically. The Full Bucket indicator will tell you when the bucket is full and it's time to empty it. If you happen to miss this indicator and the bucket becomes full, the machine will automatically shut itself off and won't start again until the bucket has been emptied. And emptying the bucket is easy too - I can also reach that from the front of the machine!

The thing that I dislike the most about this dehumidifier is the size. Although it did take the moisture out of our basement in our old home and will still reduce the humidity in our new bedroom and other small rooms, I still find that it's an awfully small dehumidifier. We can't use it to get the moisture out of larger rooms, such as our large living room. I also bought it thinking that it holds 45 pints of water at a time, and I couldn't have been more wrong! The 45 pints indicates that the dehumidifier will remove 45 pints of moisture out of the air in a day. But it can only collect 17 pints of water at a time, which means you'll have to empty it and start over again a couple of times throughout the day.

When I bought this Maytag dehumidifier I bought it for $145.00. Because of the handy and useful features, I thought that it would be well worth it. But it's just not big enough and doesn't do rooms that are large enough for what I need. And with so many other dehumidifiers on the market that can do so much more for not that much more money, I think I'd rather have one that held more water at a time and could fully remove moisture from even large rooms.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews