Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 02:31 AM

2 posts, read 2,897 times

Advertisements

Credit for this review goes to Timothy Jones owner of Review It.

You can also read this review here at reviewit.forumotion.com

b]This is my Written Review of the UTAC Tactical Micro Red Dot Sight.
[/b] UTAC Tactical Micro Red Dot Sight "Written Review"-utacdotdismounted.jpg
I ordered a UTAC Tactical Micro Red Dot Sight 2 weeks ago and after waiting a little under a weeks time it finally arrived at my door step. I decided to open it up the same day and inspect the product. From opening it up and attaching it to my glock everything was flawless. The machining on the sight was superb, no rough edges, great paint job, perfect size for what I needed. After turning it on I noticed the red dot itself was a smooth circle and no rough edges like most inexpensive red dot sights. the elevation and windage worked great and held tight. you can also make adjustments and lock it down.

Here is what was included in the set when I purchased it and the specs posted where I purchased it.
UTAC Tactical Micro Red Dot Sight "Written Review"-utacdotset.jpg
Kit included the UTAC Tactical Micro Red Dot Sight, A really neat red dot cover, A lens cloth, a small Philips screw driver, adjustment knob, all packed in a 6in X 6in X 3in black box with black foam cut to fit all the pieces perfectly.

Two levels of brightness Glare Free, Shock Proof & Fully Coated With An Anodized Finish For Heavy Duty Recoil Lightweight Super Compact And Crystal Clear Parallax Free & Unlimited Eye Relief Provides The Shooter A Wide Field Of View And The Ability To Operate With Both Eyes Open Perfect For Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns, Paintball, Airsoft Or Crossbows 7/8" Weaver-Picatinny Rail Magnification: 1X Objective Diameter: 23mm X 17mm Length: 46mm N.W.(g): 30 Parallax Range: <= 1" Dot Size: 4 MOA Illuminated: Red Reticle: Dot

Okay all the way to this point everything was superb. Two days later I took it to the range and for some reason every time I sent a round down range the red dot would turn it self off..... After inspecting the on/off and dimmer switch I noticed it slides to the high/low/off positions very easily and so every time the gun was fired it would slide to the off position or high/low position. So initially everything about this product was great but the faulty on off switch. Here is a pic of how I mounted it for anyone thinking the racking of the slide turned it off. The sight was stationary on the glock rail when fired. Also a close up shot of the switch "not same red dot but exact switch".
UTAC Tactical Micro Red Dot Sight "Written Review"-utacdot.jpg UTAC Tactical Micro Red Dot Sight "Written Review"-utacdotmounted.jpg

I shipped it back to the seller and was charged a restocking fee plus was not refunded for shipping cost. all in all it took 2 weeks to get my money back. I did not re-order the product for fear of getting another sight with a defective on/off/dimmer switch.

I give this product a 4 out of 5 stars.

The reason i gave 4 starts is because if they updated the switch with something that worked this product would have got a 5 out of 5 stars. but because of the switch i'm keeping it a 4 star Review It Rating.

Hope everyone enjoys my written review, Thanks for reading :face:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews