Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 09:31 PM

23 posts, read 30,059 times

Advertisements

hi... WHY DOES some individuals feel desperate , hopeless , or feeling of being abandoned. iF YOU experience of this situation , more often i just want to ask YOU ..IS GOD LOVEs YOU , do you ask your self alone ...is GOD REALLY LOVES ME WHY DOES HE GAVE ME THIS PROBLEMS THAT SOMETIMES i need to surrender.....i cannot cope it anymore....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 10:52 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,063,850 times
I believe a person who suffers constant sadness, hopelessness and feeling abandoned, all the time is someone with real difficulties and could use some help. I don't think God has anything to do with it. Perhaps these feelings are depression, which is highly treatable. Perhaps that individual needs someone to talk to and find out if there is something that can be done to help. If this person is you, why suffer? Seek answers. Find a professional to talk to. Take care of yourself and heal yourself. God Bless.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:59 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Yes or no, this or that... there is no god in my life.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,016,050 times
I think a mistake that many not familiar with depression make is that it's easy to fix. Go to a therapist, get on drugs, now you're better. And for many, this is true. But for those of us who feel depression, not necessarily from everyday circumstances, but just b/c that's how we are, no drug will really fix that. At least this has been my experience. The first few weeks on new medication is great and then it's business as usual - so to avoid the side effects of these drugs, I don't take them anymore. It's been much better for me. Plus, I know the times I'm starting to feel low and I take measures to reduce those feelings.

I don't blame God though - that seems fruitless. I do surrender many things that I can't control and that has made life easier. I also try to design my life so that I don't have a lot of unpredictable chaos. You know, that which is created by family versus that which is created by nature. I can live through an actual storm but not those that say, my sister creates.

Finding peace that way has helped me tremendously. Also, for me, I don't think going to a therapist is all that helpful. I don't need to pinpoint why I feel depressed. When I was younger, it was very clear. There have been issues throughout adulthood that were also clear - where a therapist would be helpful, IMO, is for you to learn how to deal with it. I've already figured that out and steer clear of triggers, if you will.

Some people though, just feel depressed, lonely and sad - that's how they're built. I am one of those people. I think I would be more depressed if I blamed God. Maybe that's just me though...

Old 07-05-2012, 04:13 PM

652 posts, read 874,362 times
“Like antidepressants, a substantial part of the benefit of psychotherapy depends on a placebo effect, or as Moerman calls it, the meaning response. At least part of the improvement that is produced by these treatments is due to the relationship between the therapist and the client and to the client's expectancy of getting better. That is a problem for antidepressant treatment. It is a problem because drugs are supposed to work because of their chemistry, not because of the psychological factors. But it is not a problem for psychotherapy. Psychotherapists are trained to provide a warm and caring environment in which therapeutic change can take place. Their intention is to replace the hopelessness of depression with a sense of hope and faith in the future. These tasks are part of the essence of psychotherapy. The fact that psychotherapy can mobilize the meaning response - and that it can do so without deception - is one of its strengths, no one of its weaknesses. Because hopelessness is a fundamental characteristic of depression, instilling hope is a specific treatment for it it. Invoking the meaning response is essential for the effective treatment of depression, and the best treatments are those that can do this most effectively and that can do without deception.”
― Irving Kirsch, The Emperor's New Drugs: Exploding the Antidepressant Myth

Old 07-06-2012, 11:20 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
OP, I'm Roman Catholic and am 43 years old. I've been depressed since before I was a teenager even when going to church weekly. Clinical depression can't be cured through religious faith. There is no rational reason for such morbid depression in an 11 or 12 year old boy nor for it to continue well into adulthood. I'm better thanks to counseling and medication. Some things I experienced while in the Navy made things worse. I'm still depressed but at least I'm not planning my suicide anymore.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:28 PM

23 posts, read 30,059 times
I JUST WANT TO thank GOD ,,,AND DESPITE OF MANY PROBLEMS WHO CAME TO A PERSON ,,,,like me .....I KNOW HE NEVER FORGET ME ...THE DIFFICULTIES EXPERIENCED IS THE WAY HE TEACHES ME THAT LIFE....IS A GREATER GIFT THAT GOD GAVE TO US .The more problems the more blessings the more trials the more you get stronger............have a great day to everyone..................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology