Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:33 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilallen View Post
[SIZE=3]Here’s a motive for Adam Lanza’s massacre – Adam was raped by a local, convicted Catholic priest, Fr John Castaldo, when Adam was 6 years old, and was taking revenge against other 6 year olds. Why Adam Lanza massacred children at Sandy Hook, Newtown – A theory & motive « WHY Adam Lanza killed children in Sandy Hook – A theory & motive[/SIZE]
I think some trauma like this took place. Some reason to target the school and the 1st grade class. I'd bet anything his motive is very clear in the hard drive he destroyed before acting. It was not an act of random senseless violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
The pain he was in was so unbearable that he wanted to 'transfer' some of the pain to someone else. It was his way of putting other people in the same position he felt he was in painwise.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:48 AM

3,953 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
Something is affecting our brains- (of males mostly)- and clearly, we have no clue what it is...
Maybe it's a societal problem that happens when a country has been at war for over a decade against an ambiguous enemy like "terrorism"?

There seems to be an increase in these public assault rifle shootings so maybe the cause is the genetically engineered food we’re eating? If we don’t have a clue what the cause is then maybe it’s time to think outside of the box.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:50 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea of parental abuse targeted at just one child.

A Child Called "It" - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TARGET CHILD ABUSE - rarely discussed or understood - The Lounge - AETV Community Message Board - Real Life. Drama.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:11 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilallen View Post
[SIZE=3]Here’s a motive for Adam Lanza’s massacre – Adam was raped by a local, convicted Catholic priest, Fr John Castaldo, when Adam was 6 years old, and was taking revenge against other 6 year olds. Why Adam Lanza massacred children at Sandy Hook, Newtown – A theory & motive « WHY Adam Lanza killed children in Sandy Hook – A theory & motive[/SIZE]
The disinfo shills are out in force.

Dx Asperger's syndrome does not automatically =violence.

According to the articles there was more than one shooter. So, diagnosing a supposed shooter online is rather premature. The psychiatrist of adam lanza also seems to be a bit dubious.
Dr Rima Laibow:

Meet Rima E. Laibow, M.D. :: Save My Life Dr. Rima

Old 12-24-2012, 02:27 PM

681 posts, read 618,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I don't know the the psychological terms but I think something was very wrong with him from a very young age. He never did fit in, couldn't go to school, unable to make friends or relate to people.

This would cause feelings of inner pain. He couldn't help how he was but the pressure to do things he was incapable of doing and of no one being able to understand him must have put him under great pain.

Pain, untreated, eventually turns to anger.

I think his mother was well meaning and tried to help but she didn't know how. Probably she even did some things that made him worse, like trying to get him to go to school and making him try college, trying to get him out to socialize.

He just simply could not do those things. No one knows why. He certainly didn't know why. There wasn't much professional intervention, by the sounds of it.

Maybe the mother thought she could help him, that she knew him. What he really needed was a lot more professional help than he apparently ever got. The mother seemed to have been in denial--thinking that if he could just go out and meet people, just go to college, just do this or that, he would be all right.

That kid was never normal. Whether it was a chemical imbalance or what, he needed help that he never got and he should have been under professional supervision and probably living in some sort of a group home with caring professionals--if such a thing exists.

His mother came from a farm family and that's why guns were normal to her. I'm sure she never thought twice about exposing her kids to guns. I'm anti gun but for some people it's normal to have guns.

I think I read that she was trying to make him grow up and do chores and be more responsible--as if that would help him. Wrong. She may have been trying to charge him rent and make him get a job. Right for most kids, wrong for him because he wasn't capable.

She went away to a resort in New Hampshire for the three days before the killings. He had the entire house to himself to brood, to get the guns. She was trying everything she could think of to "fix" him but he couldn't be fixed. Maybe she even thought that leaving him on his own would force him to grow up and be normal.

He must have known that she was at the end of her rope with him--talking about him getting a job, or maybe going into an institution, or maybe the two of them moving away somewhere where they would be a place to put him. She was going to do something and he knew it.

So the pain and rage welled up inside him. What hurts anyone more than anything is the feeling of being unloved. The thought of her sending him away or giving up on him made him feel unloved. Very painful for him on top of never feeling loved or valued in his entire life. Apparently she had helped out at the elementary school so that's where he turned his rage---after killing her for hurting him, he killed school kids for taking her away from him. In his twisted mind, he blamed the kids and the school--and school itself was a place that had always been a source of pain for him.
I wrote a post on here about my life when I was younger and trust me when I say that I know what it is like to feel unloved. It sucks and its horrible. Every relationship(friend, gf, family) has failed to the point where I no longer talk to my family anymore and I have only 1-2 good friends. Regardless of the fact that my childhood was horrible and that i really dont like where i live, i still would not take a gun and shoot people. I just pray that one day God will take me and then I will be happy and in paradise with him and my grandmother whom I love dearly.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:43 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,845,843 times
Because he was a schizo who belonged in an insane asylum. That is why he did it.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:10 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Has anyone noticed there's been virtually no discussion in the media about the role the mother played in his life, lax gun security, etc.? That's a significant part of the puzzle, but nobody's talking much. She was trying to "fix" him? All she had to do is have him evaluated by a mental health professional. It's not as if the parents couldn't afford it.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:21 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Has anyone noticed there's been virtually no discussion in the media about the role the mother played in his life, lax gun security, etc.? That's a significant part of the puzzle, but nobody's talking much. She was trying to "fix" him? All she had to do is have him evaluated by a mental health professional. It's not as if the parents couldn't afford it.
Our individualistic society tends to treat people as islands, as if the people around them and society in general has no impact on their lives or on their psychological wellbeing.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:26 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Our individualistic society tends to treat people as islands, as if the people around them and society in general has no impact on their lives or on their psychological wellbeing.
This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology