Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 PM

799 posts, read 1,551,428 times

Advertisements

Wow, if this is the definition of a "beautiful" girl someone needs to just give self tanner and bleach to everyone under the age of 30. "Stunner"? Please.

Agree with someone else who said she seemed like a jerk. After reading the articles, it would appear that her suicide was a "revenge" move to make her partner feel badly. This betrays severe mental illness.

And to a PP whose got the mama with cancer, you are 100% right. This young lady is not worth the time it takes to post this. She had her whole life ahead of her and acted like an ass. there is real suffering in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,646,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I just read some of the articles on this young woman, and frankly, she sounded like an immature a-hole. I don't feel particularly bad about this anymore.
Ice cold.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:38 PM

657 posts, read 717,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
Yes, this is an offensive thread as many have posted.

Personally, the young lady sounded like she had some issues with depression and was a drama queen. Its sad that she did not get help or have the maturity to envision a day when life would be better.

Her looks have nothing whatsoever to do with it. The paper (and the OP) made a big deal that many found her attractive. The OP's veiled attempts to backtrack and conceal his own opinions that the lives of the young and attractive are somehow worth more than those who are not young and attractive, is sickening.

I am currently dealing with the pending loss of my 65 year old mother to cancer. She is in hospice and her pain is unmanageable. She has mentioned assisted suicide as a way out if the pain gets to be too much and we all support her in whatever she wants to do. My heart is literally breaking over her illness. Many would argue that *she* is "too young" to go. She was an attractive woman, but the wasting of the disease has wreaked havoc with her looks. She feels this acutely. It disgusts me that something like my mom's struggle-- an awful but common one-- would be felt any less "important" than the foolish act of a vapid young woman due to her age and hairstyle. There are some people in the world who need a serious reality check.
first am sorry about your mother. no one should go thru that.

but the girl in the story i mentioned, i just did not understand due to her age. (she really was not that pretty.) maybe it came out wrong. but all life has value.

even the ugly people on here ( and am just talking about their insides)

Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM

11 posts, read 16,186 times
Quote:
but the girl in the story i mentioned, i just did not understand due to her age. (she really was not that pretty.)
Then why did you call her "beautiful" in the title of your post? There's a big difference between someone being "beautiful" and someone being "really not that pretty". Admit it, you're backtracking (as "confusedasusual" said).

Old 02-08-2013, 02:00 PM

924 posts, read 1,646,790 times
Like every other aspect in life, it seems the suicide of a beautiful person is looked upon as more of a tragedy then your average person. Stupid, shallow humans.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:04 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,040,936 times
I feel very sad whenever someone so young feels this is a way out of things. I'd bet money she's had mental issues for awhile. I don't know if they went ignored or not, because they said they found anti-depression medication in her purse.

Now with this said, WHY do we consider life so "precious"?

It's a serious question, especially in these horrible economic times we're going through. Why are we forcing ourselves to "live"? For what purpose?

The only reason most do not take their lives is because of religious stigmatism. The catholic religion (which I am) says you'll either go to hell or live in eternal damnation if you do. At least if you're dead you don't have to worry about how you're going to feed yourself or your family without living out of your car or on the street.

Last edited by Marka; 02-11-2013 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: repaired the OP

Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 AM

88,696 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Like every other aspect in life, it seems the suicide of a beautiful person is looked upon as more of a tragedy then your average person. Stupid, shallow humans.
No, I think it's because when you see others who have what you don't have, you tend to think that they have it easier because of the upper hand life dealt them. Of course, often physically beautiful people have their own set of issues because people may only react to their looks and not see beneath the surface to the people they are inside. However, if you're an unattractive person who has been passed over all your life in favor of the better-looking ones, you aren't going to necessarily know that. From the ugly person's POV, the beautiful ones have more doors opened for them just by virtue of the fact that they are beautiful. It's the truth, but it's not the whole truth.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:38 PM

11,201 posts, read 9,106,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I've always said suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. This girl looks like a beautiful girl next door type with everything going for her. You never know what demons someone is struggling with, and although they look great on the outside, are being torn to shreds on the inside. Sadly, she could find no one to confide in.

Such a waste.
No, you didn't. This is a cliche that people always say when someone commits suicide.

Anyway. At the end of the day, it's HER life. She can do whatever she wants with HER life.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:08 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,675,045 times
Depression effects the pretty as much as the not so good looking people.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:33 PM

868 posts, read 1,123,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Depression effects the pretty as much as the not so good looking people.
Yet lots of unattractive people commit suicide too; people who never hurt a fly or committed suicde to spite anyone. Who cares about them though? This thread is just sick in itself. The only thing I agree with is that it's a tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology