Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2013, 08:21 PM

5 posts, read 9,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Good grief, why not just take it to the corral???? I just don't get it. Sorry.
When I get out of the car and go into the store I usually take someone else's stray shopping cart with me. After checking out I often leave the cart inside the store and carry my bags out. I return more carts than I take. Are we cool now?

Last edited by fawmeopfw; 09-21-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 10:16 PM

207 posts, read 356,149 times
This is one of my biggest pet peeves. People are so freaking lazy! Or dumb. Sometimes I watch in amazement as they try and jimmy a shopping cart in the landscaping (I guess so it wont roll away) instead of walking 10 feet to put it in the return area.

Has no one learned to put things away that they get out?????

People put your carts away. Get some extra exercise, quit being lazy!

Old 09-26-2013, 03:05 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,351,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Yeah......I deserve to have MY car damaged because the store does not have a parking lot attendant at the ready to snatch up your wayward cart because YOU are in a hurry.....or because YOU are not happy with the store's service.

Makes perfect sense.
You're the one brought "wayward" carts up, (what is a wayward cart?) not me...if you can't see the cart is there when you park, too bad...no-ones fault but your own if YOU damage your car cause you're not paying attention.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:23 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,411,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You're the one brought "wayward" carts up, (what is a wayward cart?) not me...if you can't see the cart is there when you park, too bad...no-ones fault but your own if YOU damage your car cause you're not paying attention.
Are you really this dense?

Carts that aren't contained in the CLEARLY MARKED CORRALS often start rolling around the parking lot, especially if there's wind or even the slightest slope. When those carts bang up against cars, they often DAMAGE THE CARS.

If you leave your cart "loose" to do this, all I can say is that karma is a real *****. Don't complain when you come out and find a dent or scratch in your car. You deserve it. Congratulations!

Old 09-26-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I'm guilty of this as well.. but I will generally make an effort and scan 360° around me for the nearest corral. If I don't find a corral or the closest one is too far away, then I just leave it on the grass or somewhere..
same here, but I always make sure they can't roll.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Are you really this dense?
I'd rather be dense than you!

Old 09-26-2013, 09:47 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,411,537 times
Quote:
I'd rather be dense than you!
I guess that means we're both happy. You're dense and I'm me!

Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
well aren't you just the clever lil one....feel better now?

Old 09-26-2013, 10:26 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,491,831 times
Quote:
Quote:
well aren't you just the clever lil one....feel better now?

ha ha ha

Old 09-26-2013, 11:16 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,115,225 times
Quote:

Quote:

way·ward

adjective

: tending to behave in ways that are not socially acceptable

: not going or moving in the intended direction

Wayward: As in your abandoned cart not moving in the intended direction and into my car instead.
Behaving in ways not socially acceptable.....like leaving your cart where it doesn't belong.

And....as far as seeing your cart before I park.....what if I am already in the store when you abandon your cart and it rolls into my car?

Critical thinking.....if you are capable.....you should try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology