Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 01:53 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I have a conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories.

I believe they purposely create or perpetuate totally fake ones so that everyone gets used to rolling their eyes and pshawing all the theories so that no one pays attention or believes the ones that are really true.

Everyone should take time to read and understand this quote from NAZI Josef Mengele...

''The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.''

It applies to the American public at present time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 02:24 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I bet 99.999% are bulls**t. I am especially tired of all the 9/11 theories.

Your mind is too small to conceive of such things and they are fairly easy - they happen too frequently.

If you like Star Trek and Star Wars you would have some idea of what kind of society could support such endeavors. Punching a small rocket out of Earth's gravitational pull to go to the moon is one thing. Building spaceships the size of those depicted in movies would require a collective effort of the entire planet.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:01 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Right. The loner nutcase Breivik was controlled by the Norwegian government. Do you even think they have the resources or technology to do this? Fact: ABB was primarily a product of a failed childhood (neglected by his parents), like so many criminals.
Not necessarily the Norwegian government. Could have been some other government used him against the Norwegian government....For example, Norway is a rich country that has it's financial act together. It doesn't want to join the Euro for that reason. That probably p*sses the powers that be in the European Union off to no end. Of course, this is just one possibility.

How do we really know he was merely the product of a failed childhood? Maybe that's part of the story. Maybe such children are ideal fodder for mind control programming. Maybe the press simlply is lying about his background (or the press has been fed lies and did not check them out). There are a whole lot of possibilities you're not considering. Like another poster said....Closed mind.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:32 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Here's plenty of reason to question govt. And my sources are real, from inside beltway, not radio shows or dubious conspiracy "sites"

In 1973, the price of oil skyrockets, bringing a huge amount of wealth to Saudi Arabia and other oil-rich Middle Eastern countries. The Center for Security Policy (CSP), a Washington think tank, will calculate in 2003 that, between 1975 and 2002, the Saudi government spends over $70 billion on international aid. More than two thirds of the money goes to Islamic related purposes such as building mosques and religious schools. This money usually supports Wahhabism, a fundamentalist version of Islam dominant in Saudi Arabia but far less popular in most other Islamic nations. CSP scholar Alex Alexiev calls this “the largest worldwide propaganda campaign ever mounted” in the history of the world. In addition, private Saudi citizens donate many billions more for Wahhabi projects overseas through private charities. Some of the biggest charities, such as the Muslim World League and its affiliate, the International Islamic Relief Organization (IIRO), are headed by Saudi government officials and closely tied to the government. The IIRO takes credit for funding 575 new mosques in Indonesia alone. Most of this money is spent on benign purposes with charitable intentions. But US News and World Report will assert in 2003: “Accompanying the money, invariably, was a blizzard of Wahhabist literature.… Critics argue that Wahhabism’s more extreme preachings—mistrust of infidels, branding of rival sects as apostates, and emphasis on violent jihad—laid the groundwork for terrorist groups around the world.”

1976: CIA and Other Intelligence Agencies Use BCCI to Control and Manipulate Criminals and Terrorists Worldwide

Complete 911 Timeline: Saudi Arabia

CIA, NATO Lied to Press About Lost Drone | The Ugly Truth

Old 05-04-2014, 04:12 PM

7,032 posts, read 14,485,551 times
Occam's razor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty much sums my attitude towards any conspiracy theory.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:35 PM

794 posts, read 819,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
I'm not sure if I call these conspiracies.. but I'll refer to them as such for the purpose of this post.

Basically, think of them as when people suspect established institutions (i.e. companies, organizations, schools, governments, etc.) of having a hidden agenda.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll give this one example of a review of the app "YELP". Basically, the reader believes the purpose of this app is to hold businesses hostage and extort huge fees out of them to get rid of bad reviews (rather than the "intended" purpose of regular people reviewing businesses.)

Am I just naiive or is there something psychologically "off" about the people who construct and believe in these sorts of conspiracies?
Don't know about lizard people or any of the rest, but as a small business owner I can verify that both Yelp and Angies List do sort of "shake you down" and offer filtering of reviews if you pay them money. They can call it what they want, but it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology