Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 11:58 AM

33 posts, read 35,270 times

Advertisements

Is the means to health in life to pursue one's own interests, needs and wishes at all costs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 12:04 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,177 times
I use to think so to an extent. But instead of competing with others, I thought it was healthier to compete with myself and it was. But after a while life just seems to be less about competing and more about natural growth and experience. There's a lot of stressed out people killing themselves in the pursuit of happiness.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:53 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,614,590 times
That was a terrible movie. Pursuit of Happiness.
I always mention Steve Jobs as a very good example. Man dedicated entire life to building a fortune. So he succeeded. You know what? He dies just like everyone else. You know what else? He didn't take a penny with him.
Problem with many is - they lost sense of reality to the point, that they think that obtaining things perishable is one and only goal of life. They do not realize that for some sooner, some later, but time of reckoning ALWAYS comes. And as naked one came into this world, as much naked one leaves it, taking along things absolutely intangible, as in - account of what was done right or wrong.
Woman that was married to a wealthy industrialist and, after his death, gave entire fortune away to charities and became a nun - she took every penny of those donations with her. In "things done right" coin.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:10 PM

15 posts, read 31,493 times
At all costs? No no no no no. Hurting someone else to get what you want is evil. I think life is more about giving than getting for yourself, but it's also important to find interests and do things so you feel like you have accomplishments and give back to the world. sometimes you might not get everything you want, but you just have to do your best and be a good person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsen scott View Post
Is the means to health in life to pursue one's own interests, needs and wishes at all costs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology