Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:48 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,392,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I have no phone. Means I am married, work close to home, do not stray from my daily routine, spend much time with my stay at home wife, have all of my necessities nearby and plan my day so I do not need to telephone anyone to advise this or that or recall something. All true.
Ditto, except I'm female.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:31 PM

874 posts, read 1,650,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by criedman101 View Post
Um, it's you're because I'm saying 'you are'.

I hate when people say your on the internet all the time.

"your so funny!"
No, the guy who corrected you is right.

To reply to your rant, it seems like all your responses are negative. LOL

Old 03-02-2014, 07:27 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,140,672 times
I have an HTC EVO V 4G, purchased off eBay, used, in November 2012. I think it says that I'm an awesome person who, apart from its abominable battery life, made a wise phone purchase, and am not out to compete with anyone in terms of smartphones.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:42 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,194,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by criedman101 View Post
Ever wonder WHY you picked out your phone? I'm gonna tell you why.

iPhone- You tend to view yourself as the more modern/cultural type. You like to follow trends and show of your trendiness with your phone. While you try not to look pretentious, your phone shows it off. Chances are you are not very good with technology and are a more of the go with the flow type person. You probably call yourself "modern" in your head a lot.

If you're a techy and you own one of these, 90% of the time you're an Apple fan.

Nexus- You wanted to be apart of the smartphone club, but you couldn't admit it so you bought the cheapest phone they had at the T-Mobile store so you could say, "hey, I have a phone, I guess...". You're kind of a techy person and you do not want your phone to define who you are. But, you are a bit vain because you wanted a phone to look trendy in the first place.

HTC - You wanted to follow the crowd, but, you wanted something different, so you went with this phone. Truth is you really wanted an iPhone, but instead you went for this for the sake of trying not to look trendy and more techy.

Droid- You're compatible with the Nexus person. You're trying to look modern and trendy, but subtly do so. You honestly could careless if you dropped your phone in hot water. All you do is play Temple Run on it and bring it to business meetings so you'll look more trendy.

Blackberry - You like getting straight down to business, although you are vain because you wanted this phone for the sake of looking more "business" like and classic. You strive for the more classic business look, and you wanted this phone just for the sake of looking like it in front of your coworkers and bosses. You wanted a phone for the sake of saying "I have a phone".

Samsung - You wanted to look trendy, so you got a trendy phone. Although you did not want to follow on the iPhone bandwagon like most people do. You're kind of a techy person and you try to be more down to earth, although your vainness blocks the way sometimes.
I don't have a Smartphone, iPhone, or any of those other oversized phones. What does that say about me?

Old 03-02-2014, 09:42 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,378,803 times
Never used, let alone owned, a mobile device/cell phone/whatnot-
still merrily a member of the landline club

That says I'm agoraphobic (don't get out much, so what do I need a portable appliance for ?),
averse to change and fearful of new technology.
On the physical/tactile level, I experience miniaturized mobile devices as ergonomically challenging
(hard-to-use compared with what I currently use).

I find the old-school wired telephone practical & easy to use-for me.
I know where to listen and where to speak, the handset is curved to fit my hand, and I've never lost my phone.

I'm sure there are many advantages (for other folks with different kinds of lives) to having a mobile device.
However, my lifestyle isn't mobile, so the landline and desktop computer are more than adequate for my needs/purposes.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:06 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,406,766 times
Default Nonsense

I have an iPhone because it was a gift. Nothing more than this. I don't fit the description here at all.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:35 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,523,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingedge04 View Post
your*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Thread title:

You lose. Better luck next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
You are (or "you're") incorrect.

Your is the possessive of you. You own something, it's yours.

So you're saying in your title (that is yours because you own it) when you write it the way you did is "What you are smartphone says about you".

Look it up.
This is a internet forum not a English class, go somewhere else.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:42 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,048,588 times
ZTE Flash. It's not even activated as a cell phone. I just use it as a mini wifi tablet because my Nexus 7 tablet is too big to carry around. I like the camera too. I have a tiny cheap tracfone flip phone for occasional brief calls or texts.

Frugal minimalist.

Old 03-03-2014, 02:28 PM

750 posts, read 1,435,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
This is a internet forum not a English class, go somewhere else.

Sorry, it should be "this is an internet forum, not an English class. Go somewhere else."

I hate illiteracy.

Sue me.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:29 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,776,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
What does it say about me, that I still use a landline? I have never held a smartphone in my hand, and I don't even own a cell phone.
Probably frugal.

I have a "dumb" flip phone that can do basic texting. I don't have a smartphone, as I don't want to pay a lot for a phone or a monthly data plan. I dumped my landline years ago to save more $$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology