Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2014, 03:31 PM

543 posts, read 534,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
I see that reading is not fundamental in your world. Or did you miss the 1990 part? You know 24 YEARS AGO?!!!

I can see that I am wasting my time here.

Looks like it's dartboards against wallmaps for mental midgets such as yourself. I was more than willing to engage in a discussion with the thought that people could be reached in the name of prevention. But, I see it's more important to engage in "oneupsmanship" on an internet forum instead of intellectual discussion.

I'll just go grab the popcorn.

You people can grab a dart.
Want to sound like you know what you're talking about? Use proper terminology. Otherwise the people who do know what they are talking about will just roll their collective eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 03:37 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Poor things.

Yes I know what you mean.

I've gone from being chronically underpaid due to my possession of a vagina, to being ignored (NOT A BOY=not important), to getting my periods every month and pretending I'm not in agony, to pregnancy (which makes you feel like you're going to DIE in the early days) to having my nipples ripped off by a screaming baby, to supporting them on my own because the male shot through, now they're out of high school I've got hot flushes every bloody hour.

Yes WE PARTY IT UP ALL RIGHT!
And I thought I had issues.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:37 PM

723 posts, read 868,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
The young man was distinctly warped, but still I disagree. Sodini preceded this, most school shootings seem partly motivated by male sexual frustration (including a recent case allegedly about prom rejection), and the Internet has a growing undercurrent of men angrily complaining about women (including weeks ago two men in Relationships openly predicting women-killing sprees). I think Elliot Rodger just gave other angry, lonely men a blueprint to follow (borrowed from the ages-too-high-for-many-to-care Sodini case). Ignore the problem, and more lives will go away.
But what do you propose to be done? Have society lean on young women to start giving it up to weird freaks that they want nothing to do with? It's not their fault that none of them would **** this guy. He was a completely defective human being and there's no finger to be pointed in the direction of teenage girls/young women for that. There seems to be a drive to blame everyone but the culprit in cases like this, but why shouldn't we? It used to be that some people were just dicks. I would have felt sorry for him if it was only himself that he killed, but he took out his bitterness on random strangers, so **** him.

In these random shooting sprees it seems to be always an issue with mental health / personality disorders and society is not to be blamed for people having medical conditions like aspergers. I think in a country of 300 million people that you're just gonna get this sort of person coming along every now and then. Maybe parents should be watching their unstable kids a bit closer but in terms of new laws or cultural shifts, I don't see what could realistically be done about this sort of thing.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
If you're not willing to back up what you say, don't expect anyone to take it or you seriously. I'll assume you made it up, ignore your previous post and move on. There's only one reason not to supply a source and that is you don't have one and I'm not wasting my time finding what you should provide if you want people to believe what you say.
Here, let me hold your hand: Your Looks and Your Inbox « OkTrends

It's in there.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_marto View Post
But what do you propose to be done? Have society lean on young women to start giving it up to weird freaks that they want nothing to do with? It's not their fault that none of them would **** this guy. He was a completely defective human being and there's no finger to be pointed in the direction of teenage girls/young women for that.
Hypergamy should be reigned in, yes. People act like this is some kind of outlandish, beyond-the-pale concept when it was taken for granted just a couple of generations ago.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:42 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Here, let me hold your hand: Your Looks and Your Inbox « OkTrends

It's in there.
This is not a research study. This is on messaging and looks not women's perceptions of men's looks. Try finding something to back up what you said. Or don't and we will just remember to not to believe what you say.

And it is not holding one's hand to provide the links to back up what you say. You either support what you say or expect people to not take it or you seriously.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 05-26-2014 at 03:52 PM..

Old 05-26-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Poor things.

Yes I know what you mean.

I've gone from being chronically underpaid due to my possession of a vagina, to being ignored (NOT A BOY=not important), to getting my periods every month and pretending I'm not in agony, to pregnancy (which makes you feel like you're going to DIE in the early days) to having my nipples ripped off by a screaming baby, to supporting them on my own because the male shot through, now they're out of high school I've got hot flushes every bloody hour.

Yes WE PARTY IT UP ALL RIGHT!
I'd rep you but I have to spread some around.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:45 PM

589 posts, read 639,048 times
Quote:
This is not a research study.

Typical. Presented with evidence, but it's not accurate. I'm sure if presented with someone peer reviewed, you would just say it's biased. The women here love to claim articles aren't accurate when it proves them wrong.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
This is not a research study. Do you have anything that is peer reviewed or do you just run with what you find on random websites?
Now you're just being childish. The ratings statistics for one of the largest online dating websites in the world are perfectly relevant. And infinitely more than you can provide in response other than the usual loquacious anecdotes.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Now you're just being childish. The ratings statistics for one of the largest online dating websites in the world are perfectly relevant. And infinitely more than you can provide in response other than the usual loquacious anecdotes.
No they aren't. This is a very specific subset of the population not a cross section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology