Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 12:30 PM

589 posts, read 638,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I don't know. Are you telling me that if an average-looking or even ugly guy approached unattractive girls, that he would constantly get rejected? I don't know if I buy that.

The majority of the time, yes. Women are choosier so they often feel guys are beneath them, even if they aren't in actuality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 12:34 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
The majority of the time, yes. Women are choosier so they often feel guys are beneath them, even if they aren't in actuality.
If women are so choosy, why are they going out with all these alpha-male jerks, instead of "nice guys?"

Old 05-25-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
If women are so choosy, why are they going out with all these alpha-male jerks, instead of "nice guys?"

Most aren't good looking enough for the alphas and they really don't want the "nice guys".

Old 05-25-2014, 12:38 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
I feel like I'm losing this argument lol....

Old 05-25-2014, 12:39 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
I alluded to that, and it's a reason I think non-trivial use of makeup is bad for society. Too many made-up women snubbing men. I'd bet that was one reason the killer hated sorority girls. PUAH made a big deal of makeup fraud.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I alluded to that, and it's a reason I think non-trivial use of makeup is bad for society. Too many made-up women snubbing men. I'd bet that was one reason the killer hated sorority girls. PUAH made a big deal of makeup fraud.

The killer had his own issues. Even if he did find a girl, it wouldn't have lasted long. He was a walking time bomb.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:45 PM

708 posts, read 823,313 times
Quote:
I think part of the problem here is that all the lonely people not in relationships think they are the only ones in that situation, and that makes them feel even worse.

But in reality there are millions of young people or people of any age in that situation at any given time.

What makes them feel bad in the first place is societies obsession with pairing up, getting laid and seeking validation from the process. We live in age of increasing unwanted child birth, single parent families, rampant std's, sex tourism, promiscuity and a general obsession with sex and quantity of partners rather than quality. However, despite this I still hear / see people shaming those who wish to wait, or shaming incels, guys who are not ''successful'' with women and guys who decide to remain single.

Think about it, society is shaming someone who is at less risk of creating unwanted families, someone who is less likely to create single parent families, a person who is not spreading std's and promiscuity. A person who cannot get attention from the opposite gender is often labelled as a loser when all they are is just a person that hasn't had success with the opposite gender. Another thing to consider is the source of loneliness, something Ive mentioned many times.

If a person can still feel lonely when in a relationship, a marriage or a huge crowd then it shows that it comes from within. That may be an over simplification but I think again, there is a fallacy that loneliness can be solved through external means when I believe it not to be so.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:48 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,040,806 times
Quote:
Because alpha male jerks are what women are attracted to. That's their choosiness in action.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:56 PM

854 posts, read 1,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mghow View Post
What makes them feel bad in the first place is societies obsession with pairing up, getting laid and seeking validation from the process. We live in age of increasing unwanted child birth, single parent families, rampant std's, sex tourism, promiscuity and a general obsession with sex and quantity of partners rather than quality. However, despite this I still hear / see people shaming those who wish to wait, or shaming incels, guys who are not ''successful'' with women and guys who decide to remain single.

Think about it, society is shaming someone who is at less risk of creating unwanted families, someone who is less likely to create single parent families, a person who is not spreading std's and promiscuity. A person who cannot get attention from the opposite gender is often labelled as a loser when all they are is just a person that hasn't had success with the opposite gender. Another thing to consider is the source of loneliness, something Ive mentioned many times.

If a person can still feel lonely when in a relationship, a marriage or a huge crowd then it shows that it comes from within. That may be an over simplification but I think again, there is a fallacy that loneliness can be solved through external means when I believe it not to be so.
Very well put! Society picks on those who cause the least amount of collateral damage.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:05 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,040,806 times
By the way, freedom of association and contract went down the drain with the Civil Rights Act. If white southern business owners can be forced to do business with black customers, then there's actually no real argument as to why women shouldn't be forced to date betas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology