Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 05:13 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,942,314 times

Advertisements

She's a religious fundamentalist who believes in black and white. I am not and I made that clear when she told me I could choose the way of Christ or the other way. So she decided to increase my sertraline from 50mg to 100mg in order to cause my life to crash and burn so I can hit rock bottom and be forced to "see the light" and convert.

I believe that she knows I have bipolar but told me I have OCD and her plan is to cause me to react negatively to the increased dose of sertraline so that my life can be destroyed. Then I can be built back up from the ground up as a proper fundamentalist.

That is her plan. And I don't have the guts to say no!

What can I do?

Old 09-16-2014, 05:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,784,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
She's a religious fundamentalist who believes in black and white. I am not and I made that clear when she told me I could choose the way of Christ or the other way. So she decided to increase my sertraline from 50mg to 100mg in order to cause my life to crash and burn so I can hit rock bottom and be forced to "see the light" and convert.

I believe that she knows I have bipolar but told me I have OCD and her plan is to cause me to react negatively to the increased dose of sertraline so that my life can be destroyed. Then I can be built back up from the ground up as a proper fundamentalist.

That is her plan. And I don't have the guts to say no!

What can I do?
uh, find a new therapist you can work better with.

though honestly davros, this sounds pretty paranoid, just sayin'...

Old 09-16-2014, 05:30 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,963,103 times
I don't know. I recently noticed one of your posts had a brighter tone than usual. So it might be working.

I didn't know what Xianity was, I figured it was a Chinese religion until you mentioned Jesus, then I got the picture.

I have OCD, never diagnosed, it tends to come out in stressful situations. Throughout my life, I've managed it with tasks that I hide from everybody else. I have issues socially, and have had some major depressive episodes.

I was pretty down the last few weeks, so I took a trip with my wife to some small towns 200 miles down the interstate. The first night down there I had a pretty bad episode, but I feel like I turned the corner towards the end of the trip. The last few days have been great.

Instead of finding Jesus, immerse yourself in your hobbies. Make them priorities. It might help.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:30 PM

This isn't a therapist. It's a psychiatrist. She's going to subtly use drugs to slowly destroy me. It is not paranoid. The goal of Christians is to make the proud (I.e. atheists) humble so that they'll turn to God. It is not far fetched at all for her to want to force me to rock bottom since I told her I'd never convert to Christianity.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
This isn't a therapist. It's a psychiatrist. She's going to subtly use drugs to slowly destroy me. It is not paranoid. The goal of Christians is to make the proud (I.e. atheists) humble so that they'll turn to God. It is not far fetched at all for her to want to force me to rock bottom since I told her I'd never convert to Christianity.
No, it's not honey, I promise.

Here's an idea, why not just try to trust the process a little bit longer.

100mg of zoloft is a very standard dose. Sure some folks can get by on 50mg but you might really see some benefit at 100mg.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I don't know. I recently noticed one of your posts had a brighter tone than usual. So it might be working.

I didn't know what Xianity was, I figured it was a Chinese religion until you mentioned Jesus, then I got the picture.

I have OCD, never diagnosed, it tends to come out in stressful situations. Throughout my life, I've managed it with tasks that I hide from everybody else. I have issues socially, and have had some major depressive episodes.

I was pretty down the last few weeks, so I took a trip with my wife to some small towns 200 miles down the interstate. The first night down there I had a pretty bad episode, but I feel like I turned the corner towards the end of the trip. The last few days have been great.

Instead of finding Jesus, immerse yourself in your hobbies. Make them priorities. It might help.
I've been on 50mg for 8 months. I don't know what post you're referring to.

This drug has done NOTHING to help me. I told her it would cause me mania if I'm bipolar and she said "maybe but it's more likely to help you". Since I've been on sertraline 50mg I've had more episodes of anger and agitation and I told her that. Her response is to increase the sertraline. This is going to destroy my life. I only agreed to it because I'm a coward.

Her goal is my conversion to fundamentalism, and if that can't be achieved, my death and rapid descending into hell is the next best result. Regardless, she will achieve making the proud humble by destroying my current position in life, which is the fundamentalist Christian's main goal.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No, it's not honey, I promise.

Here's an idea, why not just try to trust the process a little bit longer.

100mg of zoloft is a very standard dose. Sure some folks can get by on 50mg but you might really see some benefit at 100mg.

The bible says I will humiliate the proud. I will make the wise fools. Etc etc etc. It is an ultimate goal.

50mg is the standard dose.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:

This drug has done NOTHING to help me. I told her it would cause me mania if I'm bipolar and she said "maybe but it's more likely to help you". Since I've been on sertraline 50mg I've had more episodes of anger and agitation and I told her that. Her response is to increase the sertraline. This is going to destroy my life. I only agreed to it because I'm a coward.

Her goal is my conversion to fundamentalism, and if that can't be achieved, my death and rapid descending into hell is the next best result. Regardless, she will achieve making the proud humble by destroying my current position in life, which is the fundamentalist Christian's main goal.
Davros, stop it now. You are getting yourself all worked up and sounding more mentally ill than I think you really are.

Don't you realize if you were truly bipolar your psychiatrist would be the first person to know it?

And there is no way she would give you drugs to purposely hurt you.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,008,529 times
Quote:

Have you been diagnosed with schizophrenia?

Look, your medical doctor would have referred you to the psychiatrist. Why did you go to a Christian psychiatrist if you are atheist??

CHANGE DOCTORS. Leave the bible out of this.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:42 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,963,103 times
Quote:

See the light or fire her. Take the drugs, or don't take the drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology