Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 12:02 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Friend-zoned is a stupid expression. What's funny is that it is usually the guy who starts the friend-zoning by pretending to be a friend when he has other intentions. When it doesn't work then he blames the girl for fz'ing him!
Exactly. Their so-called "friendship" is all a pretense that goes *poof* the second they learn there won't be any sex involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 12:48 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
From my experience the only woman MOST guys could be true friends is some who is definitely not high maintenance and acts more manly then woman.
This woman never dressed like a woman at all dressed like a man no make up no girly nothing woman.

Played Video Games
Talked man stuff like boxing, servers, computers, transformers, dragon ball z, has bulked up muscles kinda,
Football season, Beer night, Metalworking, construction, and all other man stuff......

I met someone like this and she was the most easiest person I could talk to with no sexual intentions

Yet when the high maintenance woman comes then some of the guys have trouble talking?

Why the hell does that happen?
I just feel like we are talking about some seriously shallow individuals. I mean, men who can't be friends with a woman because why would they waste time if they cannot get sex, and women who have nothing more interesting going on than the shade of their lipstick? Well, yeah I guess. Whatever it is those people are about. No thanks.

Maybe that's why I have loads of male friends and no problems with being chased...I've been called attractive in a nerdy brunette with glasses librarian kind of way, but I don't go out of my way to be a sex object. I wear pants more than skirts, and combat boots more than heels. I'm not out to showcase my physical assets, most of the time. I'm not in it to draw men's eyes, except insofar as I hope they notice the band name on my shirt or my hat, so we can have a conversation about concerts! Hey, I play D&D, build computers, read and watch sci fi...I love being a geek. But my guy friends aren't all socially inept nerdy types, some of those guys (like this one bisexual photographer I know, omg) are practically swimming in naughty encounters, doesn't mean they're gonna get one with me!

Why would they waste their time, if they KNOW (and believe me, they KNOW) that they're not gonna get any?

Maybe because I'm funny, understanding, have insightful things to say to them, willing to be the DD when they've had too much to drink? Because I know the band? I dunno. But we have great times.

I'm left thinking that those who have this problem just don't have enough going on in life, if it's always gotta be about sex. Sounds pretty boring really. Maybe ya need a hobby or something.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:04 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
I'm super hot and have multiple male friends. They say I'm fun and easy to get along with or is it easy? I'm not sure
I befriended you on the forum

Old 03-27-2015, 01:29 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
I don't cultivate friendships with any women. Usually, they are just into you for something they might be able to help you with. People in general are users. Men typically don't do this. They don't want to be your friend so that they can help you move, or take them someplace. Women are very social and don't tend to like to do things all by themselves. She could just be interested in you for someone to go to a movie with or whatever.

If a woman really was a friend, I would expect that she would do some of the stuff I like or help me out with a problem, and there would be no expectation that I would pay anything for her. That's a friend. I don't know too many guys with these kinds of female friends.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:44 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,725,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
I befriended you on the forum

See! We are friends and that wasn't hard at all!

Old 03-27-2015, 01:46 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,725,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I don't cultivate friendships with any women. Usually, they are just into you for something they might be able to help you with. People in general are users. Men typically don't do this. They don't want to be your friend so that they can help you move, or take them someplace. Women are very social and don't tend to like to do things all by themselves. She could just be interested in you for someone to go to a movie with or whatever.

If a woman really was a friend, I would expect that she would do some of the stuff I like or help me out with a problem, and there would be no expectation that I would pay anything for her. That's a friend. I don't know too many guys with these kinds of female friends.
I have a friend who is in a band and I help him with his makeup. I go watch him play and my boyfriend goes to and we have a rocking good time. Is that a friend? He invited me to go to Las Vegas with him, but, I didn't have the money for the plane ticket. He is generous, but, only to a point

Old 03-27-2015, 02:35 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Why?
Why can't women be friends with a rich man?

Old 03-27-2015, 04:24 PM

65 posts, read 83,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
To expect a man to "turn off" his sex drive would be like telling you to stop eating. It is an uncontrollable "urge" which overpowers everything else!

Women are different from men. Don't expect a man to be able to do what you can do.

Note: The sex drive in *some* older men goes down with age. So try finding "friends" at your local senior center. Might have more success.
I don't know dude. I was just walking down the magazine aisle at Walgreen's and seen this 75-80 year old man hungrily drooling while paging thru a Cosmo magazine. So old men still have a sex drive. They just can't drive a stick anymore

Old 03-27-2015, 04:31 PM

65 posts, read 83,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Why can't women be friends with a rich man?
I admit to discriminating, but I don't care for the rich. Too condescending.

I'd rather befriend/date a humble guy that can relate to me. It's okay to have a nice job and all that.
I obviously don't mind dude having money but it's the attitude that's more important to me.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:00 PM

105 posts, read 95,969 times
The same reason its hard for some women to be just FRIENDS with an attractive man??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology